Dahua IVS and or Motion Detection?

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Regarding IVS, should I be using motion detection with IVS? OR Just IVS?

kb6ooc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using an IVS intrusion polygon that takes up about 1/2 of my image and is configured for entry, exit, appear, and cross. This is using a Dahua HDW5831R-ZE. In daytime it detects pretty much everything. At night, I have a success rate of maybe 80%. Last night I watched a fire engine (big truck!) drive through the scene at about 10mph, activate my separate motion sensor lights (some 30ft away from the camera) and never I never got a hit on the intrusion. I've got the min target size very small and the max is the size of the image. I was using a single tripwire line before this and had similar less than stellar success. Tried a zig-zag tripwire too and the success rate is about the same regardless of rule type. It's a fairly dark scene on a dead-end street (before the end) and cars going thru light it up well and they are going slow, so I'm not sure why IVS missing some of the cars.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
If you replay the video stream in SmartPSS (assuming you are doing 24/7 recording), you can inspect the "green" walking squares/blocks when the fire truck passes by. If you don't see any green stuff, the camera simply did not detect anything. If it did draw them, follow the directions on where the blobs were going towards. If they don't "cross" a tripwire/intrusion box, there won't be an IVS trigger. In my personal experience: cars with headlights (and especially the ones with flashlights) will create much larger "target" size than anticipated.

It's testing out, tweaking, testing out, tweaking again, pulling some hair out, tweaking and doing all over again ;-)
CC

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible the truck was too big and not enough of it was in the box? I recall reading somewhere that 50% or more of the target must cross the tripwire or enter the intrusion box.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sometimes I get random ivs triggered events. When I check video I dont see anything. Is there anyway or any tool to see what the camera sees and is triggered from?

The video playback doesnt have the green boxes in the actual recording so ihave no way of knowing what the cameras actually see.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes I get random ivs triggered events. When I check video I dont see anything. Is there anyway or any tool to see what the camera sees and is triggered from?

The video playback doesnt have the green boxes in the actual recording so ihave no way of knowing what the cameras actually see.
If you playback these clips through SmartPSS, rightclick the image and tick "show IVS rules". Then you'll see the magic unfolding ;-)

Happy Camming!
CC