Dahua IPC-HDW2431T-ZS-S2 or Dahua IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 ?

Firenor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Newbie here! Reading a lot and found my way to dahuas entry stuff

Based in Sweden.

Looking for good night performance and started looking at the 2mpixel with varifocal since I will mount a couple of cameras on a barn on my property for watching two sides of my house. Will probably use them heavily zoomed in to get the most details and be able to do some kind of indentification at a distance up to about 15-20 meters.

I found these at a European site that has a sale and sells them for about 135 euros each. Same price for both.

How big is the difference between these cameras? I have also found some poe IR lights that I might use aswell, and also got a camera for free of a friend that has a IR light aswell so I guess there can be plenty of IR-light if needed, if that is a factor here.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One camera is 2 MP with a 1/2.8 sensor. The other is 4MP with a 1/3.0 sensor.

The goto camera is a 5442. It has a 1/1.8 sensor. The bigger the sensor the better the low light performance.

IPC-HDW5442t-ZE Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing

===============================
if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

I recommend email andy

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: Amazon.com

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Firenor

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry about that! I have updated the title now with the correct numbers. It’s the 2mp vs the 4mp.