Dahua Indoor camera recommendation please

inpetrov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking to put a camera in my shed/office. Anyone has good recommendation for indoor camera?

Reaction score
Looking to put a camera in my shed/office. Anyone has good recommendation for indoor camera?
What are you trying to accomplish? Well-lit area? Total darkness? Size of area that you want monitored? Do you want to ID people's faces? Do you need color information? What is your budget? Do you have POE connection or are you requiring WIFI cams?

There are many cams that can be used indoors. But one needs to define the purpose to make that choice.

inpetrov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish? Well-lit area? Total darkness? Size of area that you want monitored? Do you want to ID people's faces? Do you need color information? What is your budget? Do you have POE connection or are you requiring WIFI cams?

There are many cams that can be used indoors. But one needs to define the purpose to make that choice.
Are is 120sqft 12ftx10ft Office, I have POE in place and would require IR as at night lights would be off.

inpetrov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
The Dahua T5442T-ZE is a 4MP on a 1/1.8" sensor. It has a 2.7-112mm varifocal lens so you could set up your FOV as desired. It has a cousin that comes in 2.8, 3.6, or 6mm on the same sensor if you know what FOV you want. This is called a T5442TM-AS and is a little less expensive than the varifocal.
Here is the varifocal cam:
Amazon.com : EmpireTech 4MP Ultra Low Light IP Wired Camera,Starlight IR Motorized 2.7mm-12mm Lens Turret Camera,IP67 Weatherproof,Built-in Mic,Support POE and ePOE,Vehicle and Human Detection IPC-T5442T-ZE White : Electronics

Here is the 3.6mm fixed cam

Amazon.com : Loryta Outdoor Security 4MP Ultra Low Light Starlight+ WDR IR Turret AI IP Camera, IP67 Weatherproof, Support POE and ePOE, Built-in Mic, Vehicle and Human Detection , Fixed Lens IPC-T5442TM-AS 3.6mm : Electronics

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@samplenhold Thanks, I have left over IPC-T5442TM-AS 2.8mm fixed focal that was my other option but was looking for something smaller as might be too much for room size.
There are 5mp versions of these wedge cameras as well. The benefit of the 5mp is that you get a 4:3 image so you get more height than the 4 or 2 mp cams which is something you may want. Although they may not have the best low light sensors, in a small indoor space with IR bouncing all around they will be more than adequate while blending in. I run two of them in my office.

inpetrov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are 5mp versions of these wedge cameras as well. The benefit of the 5mp is that you get a 4:3 image so you get more height than the 4 or 2 mp cams which is something you may want. Although they may not have the best low light sensors, in a small indoor space with IR bouncing all around they will be more than adequate while blending in. I run two of them in my office.

I found it in Andy's Amazon store. I will reach out to him as I want to switch to 1U NVR to clean up my rack

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score