Dahua IMOU camera owners, please share your information here! Thank you.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for some reason the configuration for fps/iframes does not survive a camera reboot, it reverts to 25fps / iframes 100 and the only way to get it back to 15fps / iframes 15 is via SmartPSS. It also seems to hold for a while in BI but eventually reverts to 25/100 after some time even if no reboot occurs...
Maybe you can try this method, be default, I found out that the IMOU cameras will auto reboot at certain day.

You need to run SmartPSS software, log into it, look for the camera settings, and remove the autoboot setting:

2023-12-15_16-36-48.jpg

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had already set it like that using SmartPSS, but I just checked again to make sure, and it is set to never Auto Restart. I have a suspicion the frame rate and iframes reset when the camera switches on the IR. I have my profile set to "regular". I will dig into the profiles a bit and see if this has something to do with it.

Also, I found it it interesting that using two different ONVIF device management applications, the GOV cannot be lowered below 25, but on SmartPSS it allows 15... I think the firmware perhaps has some small bug... when the device is first queried via ONVIF it reports its capabilities, among which the GOV range for the encoder... it would seem it responds with a range minimum of 25. SmartrtPSS uses the camera API instead of ONVIF I think, so maybe this explains how it can set the parameters lower.

It is also strange that 15FPS/15IFRAMES stays set for the substream but goes back to 25FPS/100IFRAMES for the main stream...

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had already set it like that using SmartPSS, but I just checked again to make sure, and it is set to never Auto Restart. I have a suspicion the frame rate and iframes reset when the camera switches on the IR. I have my profile set to "regular". I will dig into the profiles a bit and see if this has something to do with it.

Also, I found it it interesting that using two different ONVIF device management applications, the GOV cannot be lowered below 25, but on SmartPSS it allows 15... I think the firmware perhaps has some small bug... when the device is first queried via ONVIF it reports its capabilities, among which the GOV range for the encoder... it would seem it responds with a range minimum of 25. SmartrtPSS uses the camera API instead of ONVIF I think, so maybe this explains how it can set the parameters lower.

It is also strange that 15FPS/15IFRAMES stays set for the substream but goes back to 25FPS/100IFRAMES for the main stream...
Ok thanks.

I could not reproduce your problem, as I don't have the exact make of the camera.
Currently I have 1 unit of IMOU Ranger 2 2MP in my office to test. However, IMOU Ranger 2C is very similar to mine, except, it has no network port.
So I give it a try on my camera and see what happened.

If I force the current setting:
2023-12-15_17-04-08.jpg
to following your setting:
2023-12-15_17-04-55.jpg
I could not get my life feeding working.

Just wondering did you trying:
2023-12-15_17-04-08.jpg
Press the inspect button, using the following ports.
2023-12-15_17-11-57.jpg
Can you get a live video working? If so, does your FPS setting stay at 15fps?

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me, I have even tried removing the camera from BI and after connecting back with SmartPSS the following day (despite no reboot) the frame rate and iframes have still reverted. But only for the main stream.

The change occurs in the camera itself, BI only receives the stream it sends...

I would be very interested to know if you had a look at the camera with Onvif Device Manager what is the lowest value for GOV you can set from there...

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would be very interested to know if you had a look at the camera with Onvif Device Manager what is the lowest value for GOV you can set from there...
Where can you find the GOV in Onvif Device Manager? Are you referring to v2.2.250?
You mean changing the Video Rendering FPS?
GOV is about changing the I-frame rate of the camera, correct?
2023-12-16_1-45-13.jpg

Last edited:

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can find it here, after selecting your camera in the list of cameras on the left - you need to provide your login credentials to the camera(s):

It's the option you see in red "Video Streaming":

1702662984259.png

Once you click on that a window will show the stream and some parameters at the bottom:

1702663079944.png

The last parameter shown here is the GOV length... I can lower it here, but it will not go lower than 25, where as on SmartPSS it will go as low as 15 (GOV length here is the same as iframes as far as I understand)

As a check, in my case it showing on the ONVIF device manager, 15fps and GOV length 60, and in Blueiris 15fps/0.25 -> 1/0.25=4 -> 15*4=60 so it matches.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The last parameter shown here is the GOV length... I can lower it here, but it will not go lower than 25, where as on SmartPSS it will go as low as 15 (GOV length here is the same as iframes as far as I understand)
Ok I found it, and as soon as I click on the video streaming, it automatically shows GOV length = 15.
2023-12-16_12-02-07.jpg

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I will reach out to IMOU and see if they can provide any info... I suspect it could be corrected in the firmware but I also know they would prefer their cameras to be used via cloud and their app...

Here is what happens in my case, I have ONVIF device manager and SmartPSS side by side:

Just accessed the camera, in both apps we have 25fps 100iframes (yesterday I had left the camera at 15fps and 15 iframes...)

1702713626872.png

changed in SmartPSS to 15fps 15iframes and clicked again on video streaming in ONVIF device manager to refresh (read) the camera settings and they now match:

1702713807407.png

now comes the fun part, if I raise the GOV in ONVIF device manager it immediately jumps to 25 and will not go lower... which means the camera has responded to the ONVIF request for capabilities and reported a minimum GOV length of 25 (I have tried by doing this on other Dahua and Hikvision cameras and I get the proper range).

If I simply change the quality in ONVIF device manager to be high and click apply, the iframes goes to 25...

As I mentioned a few posts back, I think I may try to sniff the packets being sent by SmartPSS to see what API it calls and with what data and try to use the same call on a periodic event from BlueIris to reset the stream to 15/1.

Not any time soon though, it will take a while ;)