Dahua IMOU camera owners, please share your information here! Thank you.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

This post was created for all BI users to share information about
their success story about connecting Dahua IMOU brand cameras.

If you own one, please state the model number, and also state
what function is not working with BI.

Is there any workaround to your problem?

Thank you. :)

Hi,

I would like to know whether BlueIris support Dahua IMOU cameras?
If it does, any issue found so far? I am thinking of buying some as my old ones
does not have any build-in MIC for indoor use.

Thank you.

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is completely false.

I have a IMOU Ranger 2 currently setup in BI.

Still trying to get PTZ working but otherwise works great even with sub-streams etc
Thanks for your feedback, then I looking forward to buy 1 and test the camera out.
Anyway, if the PTZ is not working within BI, then I can use Dahua app to do PTZ.
:)

yaky11

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, then I looking forward to buy 1 and test the camera out.
Anyway, if the PTZ is not working within BI, then I can use Dahua app to do PTZ.
:)
Yes there's the IMOU Life app that can do all that. Is quite a comprehensive app.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes there's the IMOU Life app that can do all that. Is quite a comprehensive app.
Any drawback as far as IMOU camera is concern? If don't mind sharing?

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just successfully configured Imou IPC-F22A on Blue Iris 4, powered by passive 48V POE
It took me some time to figure out the url, so here it is:
rtsp:/192.168.2.54/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
(it is quite a mess, every model is different Connect to Imou cameras )

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Different IMOU cameras behave differently, even with the same model number. I have a number of IPC-K42 cameras, the first one I received worked right out of the box. The next two required that I connect to the internet , register with my cell phone to down load the software from there APP, There was no camera web interface or IP address until I down loaded the software.

I will never buy an IMOU camera again, the time is not worth the money saved and the high security risk.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Different IMOU cameras behave differently, even with the same model number. I have a number of IPC-K42 cameras, the first one I received worked right out of the box. The next two required that I connect to the internet , register with my cell phone to down load the software from there APP, There was no camera web interface or IP address until I down loaded the software.

I will never buy an IMOU camera again, the time is not worth the money saved and the high security risk.
@SouthernYankee

Referring to : "I have a number of IPC-K42 cameras, the first one I received worked right out of the box. The next two required that I connect to the internet , register with my cell phone to down load the software from there APP, There was no camera web interface or IP address until I down loaded the software."

Which camera you are talking about? Dahua IPC-42 or Imou Ranger2 or both?
They both different cameras, one is IMOU Pan & Tilt with digital zoom cameras, whereas the Dahua IPC-42 is a fix standard cube camera.

I fully agree that the IMOU camera is a security risk. It will keep on scanning my network for a gateway to accessing the internet which
I discovered from reading my pfSense firewall log, if I am not mistaken. But time does not allow me to verify these kind of suspicious activity.

My Blue Iris system has 2 network ports, so I just separate the network with another subnet -just for the CCTV cameras,
key in the a firewall rule that blocks them accessing the internet. That is what I treat all cameras- put them all in one subnet
that has no access to the internet, except access to my Blue Iris system only.

FYI, Foscam is behaving like this too.

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just successfully configured Imou IPC-F22A on Blue Iris 4, powered by passive 48V POE
It took me some time to figure out the url, so here it is:
rtsp:/192.168.2.54/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
(it is quite a mess, every model is different Connect to Imou cameras )
@nejakejnick , did you manage to get PTZ function in BI working on you IMOU IPC-F22A camera?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When looking at the Model number in the camera system information it is an IPC-K42 on all the IMOU cube cameras. Not sure if it is marked as an Ranger.

I also use the two nics in my BI computer for completely separate camera network, It was just a major PIA to use the IMOU "USER FRIENDLY" software.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When looking at the Model number in the camera system information it is an IPC-K42 on all the IMOU cube cameras. Not sure if it is marked as an Ranger.
Just forget what I said earlier, I got completely confused with the camera model numbers.
I thought this thread was supposed to be talking about the IMOU Ranger2 PT cameras. My bad :banghead:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also use the two nics in my BI computer for completely separate camera network, It was just a major PIA to use the IMOU "USER FRIENDLY" software.
YUP you right, keep away from using those IMOU cameras.

I bought a couple units of IMOU Ranger2 cameras,
because I couldn't find AMCREST cameras locally in my country
unless I bought it from Amazon, which I don't like it that way.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I used Dahua ConfigTool for activation and configuration, without enabling Cloud connection. It all worked like any other Dahua, only without the web interface. My cheap Tp-Link router prohibits all internet access from cameras to the internet. It was super easy, I do not see a problem.

jime1051

n3wb
Reaction score
Purchased this recently and had one heck of a time getting a stream to work with Blue Iris. Finally figured it out and thought I would post it here as everything I tried on this forum wasn't relevant to this particular camera. It is a Imou Bullet 2 4MP IPC-F42FEN for the record. Besides the setup it seems decent enough for a $60 camera. Replacing a Foscam that would not maintain wireless connection after a year of use. Haven't had it long enough to see if it is more reliable. I know ethernet is way more solid, but it is in a location that is impossible to run cable. The picture is good, it has color night vision, a floodlight and a siren-talk about bells and whistles. Definitely need the Dahua configuration tool to enable setup with Blue Iris. I heard these cameras are not secure internet wise-is there anything I can do to block unwanted transmission? Here is the Blue Iris config that worked for me:

Screenshot 2021-07-25 095341.png