Dahua gDMSS and channel (camera) names

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
17 Dahua NVR systems so far installed, and I can connect all of them with gDMSS. Some of them (oldest) are with domain names and port forwarding, but most p2p.

From those systems, there is only one (1!) which shows camera channel names in gDMSS. Others show only channel 01, channel 02, etc. Even there is names set for cameras.

Even my own home system which I can connect directly via wifi lan is not showing channel names.

In SmartPSS I can see channel names of all those NVRs.

What could be the difference?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
My gDMSS Plus gets camera names from the NVR. If I change cam names in the NVR, the updated cam names show up in gDMSS hours later, or a day later.

Do channel names get recorded with the video? So you see camera names in playback? Including playback on gDMSS?

Fastb

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
edit the NVR in devices and refresh and it should pull in new names, it likely cached the defaults before you set it up.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Exactly what Nayr said. If you added the device in gdmss first, than entered the names in the NVR, you need to resync the device in device manager by editing it, than start live preview. Once it searches for the NVR, it should sync the titles.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Nayr and Vector18! This was just the case. When I have added devices, I never tapped "start live preview", but save icon. Tapping "start live preview" gives a feeling that settings are not saved, but gDMSS starts to preview the settings... After editing a device and tapping "start live preview" it resynced channel names and I can now see them in gDMSS. Good start for sunday :)