Dahua firmware update issues.

Mapano

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone can assist however I am trying to update the firmware on a particular camera that has been causing issues and was hoping a firmware update may assist. I accept that an update may cause other issues.

I have tried updating from the camera GUI with internet explorer. However it doesn’t progress at all transferring files.

I have tied via the NVR and get upgrade failed message.

I have also tried via ConfigTools and cannot get the utility to load the cameras on the Dahua subnet. Even after i think I have added the IP range of the cameras.

I assume I am doing something wrong somewhere …

I’m trying to update from V2.820.15OG001.0R (Build Date: 2021-07-06) to V2.840.15OG00D.0.R.220818. So doesn’t appear like a massive jump in versions.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Any chance it is a PoE NVR, and the camera is connected directly to it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera model?

Do the release notes indicate it will fix the problem?

If you have the "correct" firmware, then I suspect it isn’t updating because the hardware is purposely not accepting it because it would either brick or be incompatible (like it was a Chinese region hacked camera as an example)

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You may have a better path forward by describing what your issue is. Provide all the camera information. If your camera is connected to an NVR, best practices is to pull the camera off of the NVR and diagnose the camera only. Immediately going to a firmware update may mask or make an issue worse. Sometimes fixing an issue can be as simple as pulling the camera from a NVR and doing a hard reset.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Updating the NVR will have nothing to do with the camera IR.

What IR issues are you experiencing? Maybe it is something as silly as obvious as a wrong setting (it has happened)?

Have you been trying to upload the firmware for that camera that Andy puts here or on the Dahua website?

Mapano

n3wb
Reaction score
That’s correct just Andy’s firmware versions from here. Smart IR doesn’t appear to consistently work regardless of the settings just on the one camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could it be a field of view issue? Smart IR is great, but it can be problematic in some fields of view.

Is it simple enough to try swapping cameras and confirm it is the camera and not field of view resulting in IR issues?

We have noticed some of the cams (probably result of chip shortage) have been a little wonky with firmware updates. We have seen many with the same camera model and 3 update fine, and one doesn't or even bricks.

Try this:

1. Unplug camera.
  2. Press and hold in reset button and while holding it in apply power and keep it held in until you hear the IR filter click 3 times. This is ideal. If you can't get to it, then do 3 factory resets.
  3. Open up the camera in Internet Explorer (not Chrome or Edge with IE tab).
  4. Apply firmware update
  5. Factory reset it 3 times
  6. Set camera up from scratch (do not import settings).

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a similar setup to yours. I had to load the FW update onto a thumb drive, and put it into the USB on the DVR. Then load the FW to the camera from the DVR inteface.

dmacchia

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, I just updated 2 cameras with that firmware myself. The first went no problem, the second wouldn't transfer. I went into manual recording control and set that camera to off (including snapshot) and it loaded right up.