Dahua Dash Camera

Reaction score
Today's Value of 729 South African Rand in Dollars is 41.12 (USD)
Dahua: 2K Dash Camera - Sku: DHI-DAE-HC3500WVR-M3 R729.00 from Chavda International

Dahua: Dash Camera – (SKU: DHI-DAE-HC5500GWV-S5)

R1,405.80R1,239.00 = 82.6421 United States Dollar

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
reviving this old thread for the dash cams. After having my truck totaled out a few months ago got a Garmin dash cam as a gift but surprised at how buggy it is. Surprisingly its only 1080p and like the Dahua model mentioned earlier in this thread it has built in "wifi". The garmin phone app Garmin Drive... is a nightmare. it constantly disconnects making the app useless. So came on here looking for dashcam recommendations...any update on these dahua dashcams with any testing done yet and pricing etc? My concern also is that it has the built in wifi feature like garmin which basically makes the phone app useless...

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now that is slick as can be. Sadly my mirror isn't powered :banghead:
only problem with using that powered mirror adapter for the dashcam is you wont be able to use the parking guard or similar functions on dashcams that monitor for movement, or impact while parked due to no power to mirror after car is shut off. But if you dont want or need that option(which I think realistically after watching that video lol... you do) then thats a good option to having to run the cable through the roofliner, dash etc...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last we heard, the chip shortage has kept the Dahua dashcam from being available.
I personally have had a Street Guardian Cam for about 3-4 yrs now, and I'm happy with it.
Check here: DashCamTalk