Dahua Cameras

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a BI system for my girlfriends sandwich shop.
I'm just checking the 5231's are the best camera for a mainly indoor environment.

She wants:-

1 x outside shop door camera
4 x cameras to well lit retail areas
2 x cameras to staff basement where lights are turned on occasionally.

Should we just get her 7 x 5231's or is there any merit in getting a higher resolution in the well lit areas?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a BI system for my girlfriends sandwich shop.
I'm just checking the 5231's are the best camera for a mainly indoor environment.

She wants:-

1 x outside shop door camera
4 x cameras to well lit retail areas
2 x cameras to staff basement where lights are turned on occasionally.

Should we just get her 7 x 5231's or is there any merit in getting a higher resolution in the well lit areas?
Hi @Rhodesy

If you're mostly concerned with covering a well lighted area during business hours then I would go with a 8MP camera that has the newer larger sensor ( example 1/1.8" )

For the basement and outdoors perhaps look at some of the newer 4MP starlight+ models which have gotten good reviews by members.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @mat200, I have previously really enjoyed the starlight 2mp dahuas.
When I eventually tried the 4, 6 & 8mp, I struggled to see the overall improvement as outdoors at night, the 2mp still came out best.
Admittedly that's at night outdoors.

Can I ask is this new starlight+ has moved things on for evenings?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @mat200, I have previously really enjoyed the starlight 2mp dahuas.
When I eventually tried the 4, 6 & 8mp, I struggled to see the overall improvement as outdoors at night, the 2mp still came out best.
Admittedly that's at night outdoors.

Can I ask is this new starlight+ has moved things on for evenings?
I've also enjoy my 2MP Dahua starlights.

Check out @SouthernYankee welcome to new members, he lists some models to look at.

Looks like the newer 4MP starlight+ models are doing well. I should take some more time to read the review threads. If I was buying new cameras it looks like there are more options now for low light ones.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks again, I shall look his reviews up.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does she need audio on the cams? Check your local laws. If you can't use audio or she doesn't want it, this is a good alternative.

Mikk36

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Higher MP for indoors, where there's always light. You get much better detail of stuff happening with those extra MP's (remember, 8 MP vs 2MP equals 3840x2160 vs 1920x1080, 4MP is only 2688x1520, so not that much improvement).
Just remember to choose storage accordingly: 2 times the clarity, 4 times the storage.