Dahua Camera Captures Home Invasion

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So it happened in the LA area? He will probably get 1 week probation, if they even go after him. Just goes to show you this day and age that camera/burglar alarm signs, and motion sensing lights do not mean a damn thing. I have first hand knowledge on that. The only thing these SOBs will understand is a little lead poisoning. We need to bring back vigilante justice. BTW, that homeowner was pretty stupid letting that news station broadcast her name.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This cracks me up:
"......She said in her opinion, he didn't meet the criteria for a true burglar because he wasn't masked up. He was exposing identifiers like tattoos," she said."

OK. What that tells ME is that he doesn't care who sees him or what he does if someone confronts him because, frankly, he may not plan on leaving any witnesses.
He should be grateful he didn't bust into MY house (or 99% of the houses in my neck of the woods) as it definitely would have had a different outcome, as I am not qualified and likely would not have time to do a full psych evaluation. In other words, the sheriff's deputies will arrive first, then later the coroner.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Makes me laugh:

We had an ADT alarm system so we thought we were safe.

The installer needs to be sacked. They had an alarm system but no door contacts on the French Doors, an obvious entry point? What about PIR's in every room downstairs? Even if he'd come silently through the glass a PIR would have detected him. What about PIR's and zoning the downstairs as live after you go to bed?

The importance of having 3 zones which is why I don't personally think Ring Security is very good atm - good system insufficent zones. You need 3 zones:

1. Full Arming / Away from Home - Everything fully armed

2. Perimeter Arming / In the Home - Perimeter ie doors armed (maybe some windows armed depending on your set up ie number of contacts and usage of downstairs windows)

3. Part Arming / Nightime at home - Perimeter and Downstairs fully armed, upstairs internal off (so you can go to the toilet etc in the night)

As Looney points out, French doors classic weakness. Need to get UK style multipoint locking system and high security anti snap locks if they use Euro style lockswith anti pry handles (although the snap locks will stop the prying from leading to anything).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Makes me laugh:

We had an ADT alarm system so we thought we were safe.

The installer needs to be sacked. They had an alarm system but no door contacts on the French Doors, an obvious entry point? What about PIR's in every room downstairs? Even if he'd come silently through the glass a PIR would have detected him. What about PIR's and zoning the downstairs as live after you go to bed?

The importance of having 3 zones which is why I don't personally think Ring Security is very good atm - good system insufficent zones. You need 3 zones:

1. Full Arming / Away from Home - Everything fully armed

2. Perimeter Arming / In the Home - Perimeter ie doors armed (maybe some windows armed depending on your set up ie number of contacts and usage of downstairs windows)

3. Part Arming / Nightime at home - Perimeter and Downstairs fully armed, upstairs internal off (so you can go to the toilet etc in the night)

As Looney points out, French doors classic weakness. Need to get UK style multipoint locking system and high security anti snap locks if they use Euro style lockswith anti pry handles (although the snap locks will stop the prying from leading to anything).
They didn't bother to fully lock the french doors, the alarm system probably wasn't armed either.
This really says it all, I live in libtard land, and I've drank the coolaid, been brain washed, and I'm thus a good little sheep.
She said in her opinion, he didn't meet the criteria for a true burglar because he wasn't masked up. He was exposing identifiers like tattoos," she said."

So in her mind and reasoning, this guy was a burglar.

1627232538128.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
So in her mind and reasoning, this guy was a burglar.

View attachment 96207

Nah, he doesn't have the stripy suit and isn't carrying a bag labelled swag.

if you asked her, it probably was the horse that did it! Lok at the scar on it's cheek and those beady eyes.

I've actually found her burglars (there were 2). They caught them with their hands in the cash register and they were sent to jail. I've even found the CCTV footage of their escape: