Dahua Cam Question

TreborXof

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the difference between the sd49425xb-hnr found on the IPCT store vs the model 49425XBNR found on the USA website?
Does the warranty differe if purchased from the IPCT store?
The IPCT store version states EoL on the dahua site.

The plan is to use the camera with BlueIRIS.

Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The difference is the one in the IPCT store will have autotracking and the the USA website will not.

@EMPIRETECANDY is the only vendor that still has units available with autotracking and he supplies cameras to the IPCT store.

So if autotracking is important to you, purchase here or from @EMPIRETECANDY on his Amazon or Ali store.

TreborXof

n3wb
Reaction score
The difference is the one in the IPCT store will have autotracking and the the USA website will not.

@EMPIRETECANDY is the only vendor that still has units available with autotracking and he supplies cameras to the IPCT store.

So if autotracking is important to you, purchase here or from @EMPIRETECANDY on his Amazon or Ali store.
Thank you for the reply, two things of concern remaining for me.
What is the warranty length and RMA process when purchasing from the IPCT store?
Why does the sd49425xb-hnrl on the USA website state EoL?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is End of Life (EOL) meaning it is not being made anymore and probably won't be supported with anymore firmware updates, which none of us would update anyway since they removed auto tracking!

Not sure of warranty period thru store, but someone will answer.

TreborXof

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.
Hoping someone does reply with that warranty info, since it's end of life and factory direct only deals with warranties from a registered distributor which I am not sure @EMPIRETECANDY or the IPCT store is it raises some question that could be concerning if a defect were to occur.

Also why did they remove autotracking in the newest firmware?
What is the latest firmware that supports autotracking on this unit?
And what firmware does the unit ship with?

Thank you

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is also a mini-ptz dome coming out soon that is pretty much the equivalent of the sd4925, in terms of sensor, but with updated specs and smaller package.
This new mini-ptz also has auto-tracking. Though not sure of price at the moment.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They removed auto tracking because the $400 camera was taking away sales of the $750 PTZ. Strictly a business decision and nothing to do with the quality of tracking of tauto tracking.

The newer ones without auto tracking are a different chipset and won't accept the auto tracking firmware (people have tried and it failed), so you either buy it with it or do without. Like I said, if you buy it from anyone else than above it will not have autotracking.

TreborXof

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered this camera, one thing I'd like to make others aware of is it was shipped with a static IP of 192.168.1.108 with no DHCP lookup first then failback to default.
Since this camera doesn't ship with an AC adapter I was forced to configure our current PoE+ switch with the 192.168.1.0\24 segment and assign it as well as a vlan on our firewall to be able to communicate with this device and reconfigure for our desired network configuration. Finding the Static IP alone was enough trouble to begin with why would this camera ship with a phantom static IP which is not documented?
Is this specific to @EMPIRETECANDY or the IPCT store?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered this camera, one thing I'd like to make others aware of is it was shipped with a static IP of 192.168.1.108 with no DHCP lookup first then failback to default.
Since this camera doesn't ship with an AC adapter I was forced to configure our current PoE+ switch with the 192.168.1.0\24 segment and assign it as well as a vlan on our firewall to be able to communicate with this device and reconfigure for our desired network configuration. Finding the Static IP alone was enough trouble to begin with why would this camera ship with a phantom static IP which is not documented?
This has been the standard practice for dahua since they started making ip cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of different reasons:
  1. We are not the intended "buyer" of these cameras, it is Dahua authorized installers that supposedly have been trained on how to set these up. We are just fortunate enough to be able to get our hands on these and not have to pay marked up prices buying from Dahua authorized installers.
  2. No this is not specific to Andy or the IPCT store - this is the way manufacturers do it (except for the consumer grade junk) . In fact, most Dahua OEM like Amcrest and Lorex use the same default IP address. If you buy a Hikvision or Hikvision OEM, their default IP address is 192.0. 0.64
  3. Most people will use it with an NVR, so it will automatically take care of the IP address if plugged into the POE port.
  4. They have the IP Config Tool to help people get it on the IP Address of their system (though most of us don't use that and prefer to change a computer IP to that subnet so we don't allow it to touch the internet).
  5. The default IP address is all over the Dahua wiki.
  6. The last camera I got had a fold-up instructions and the default IP address is listed on it.
1668269412657.png

TreborXof

n3wb
Reaction score
A couple of different reasons:
  1. We are not the intended "buyer" of these cameras, it is Dahua authorized installers that supposedly have been trained on how to set these up. We are just fortunate enough to be able to get our hands on these and not have to pay marked up prices buying from Dahua authorized installers.
  2. No this is not specific to Andy or the IPCT store - this is the way manufacturers do it (except for the consumer grade junk) . In fact, most Dahua OEM like Amcrest and Lorex use the same default IP address. If you buy a Hikvision or Hikvision OEM, their default IP address is 192.0. 0.64
  3. Most people will use it with an NVR, so it will automatically take care of the IP address if plugged into the POE port.
  4. They have the IP Config Tool to help people get it on the IP Address of their system (though most of us don't use that and prefer to change a computer IP to that subnet so we don't allow it to touch the internet).
  5. The default IP address is all over the Dahua wiki.
  6. The last camera I got had a fold-up instructions and the default IP address is listed on it.
View attachment 145554

This is my first experience with Dahua in this manner, although I have used Amcrest and Lorex.
The documentation you posted above was not included only a physical installation sheet which showed mounting and wires.
Thank you for your time and valuable feedback.