Dahua 4231 and 2231 setup for sensitivity

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one 4231 and 6 2231 cams connected to BI on a i9-9400 with the GPU helping carry the load. This is my almost everything system including Plex for myself and about once a month a remote user. Thus, I am initially pushing hard to see how well I can do with the on Cam motion and IVS settings but have some questions.

#1. Is gravel a detriment to determining motion? The 2231 that is pointed on the front patio and drive seems nearly blind to pedestrian motion on the gravel. Watching the histogram the senstivity goes up immediately when a pedestrians feet to knees crossed that line. What reccomendations do you have for extended the trigger zone? Early testing for the tripwire seems to show promise but I want to get as far as I can in the BI trial. Unfortunately,I didn't take the short winter evenings into account.

#2. Does distance decrease sensitivy? I am testing the marital limits with asking partner to walk around diveway while I watch the histogram on the camera. Am I correct that decreasing the zoom of the camera allow more pixels on a given area and increases the base line senstivity?

#3. Do these cameras really erase the motion region setting when you zoom in or out? I've three times set zones with increasing sensitivy at distance only to see it erased after zooming. Is there any other option?

Attachments