D-Link - DCS‑4602EV (POE) does not appear in Setup Wizard nor in Router assigned IP

IceSte86

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am new here but I found lots of useful discussion in the forum.

I have a problem with an IP-CAM POE powered (the camera is powered for sure since that once connected to the PoE router its leds goes red), that does not appear on the IPCAM original setup wizard niether in the router assigned IP within the network.

I tried to reset the camera by using the button inside as suggested by the munal for complete reset, but nothing happend - it seems that also pressing it does not cause a reboot as the camera led always stays on.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for any possible help/insight you may have!
BR,
Steven

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:
  • Have you inspected the female RJ-45 connector on the camera's pigtail? Any sign of moisture and/or corrosion?
  • Can you bypass the Ethernet cable in use and instead use a store-bought, known-good (tested) cable temporarily? This may rule out the existing cable/connectors.

IceSte86

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony for the reply.

• I tried to change several cables, one worked with another PoE camera (Dahua). No luck
  • Among the ones I used I have some which comes out of the box from modem/router/ipcam (So new).

I do not understand why the ip does not show up as well as why the reset button does not work...really frustrating :/

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Manual here says default IP is 192.168.0.20. (or after reset) and login for user/pass is "admin" and leave password blank.

IceSte86

n3wb
Reaction score
What does the camera documentation (maybe on the barcode label) show for the default IP address?
And what is the IP address of the PC that you are using to access it?

The documentation says that default IP Address should be 192.168.0.20 (if you have no DHCP activated), however it is connected to a router with DHCP enabled and all connected devices get an IP under 192.168.1.xxx as my laptop from where i check the IP/access the eventual webpage is. Nothing appear on the setupWizard from D-Link as well - running it on my laptop which is on the same network as the router. Other ip cam connected get ip from that router and I can see them on the reouter lan client...

"Step 3 The Setup Wizard will appear and display the MAC address and IP address of your camera(s). If you have a DHCP server on your network, a valid IP Address will be displayed. If your network does not use a DHCP server, the network camera's default static IP 192.168.0.20 will be displayed. Select your camera, then click the Wizard button to continue. "

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My post #5 was on its way when you answered. :highfive:

Just for kicks, you could reset the cam again, give your PC a static IP of 192.168.0. XXX (anything but .20) and plug it directly into camera (via POE switch, etc.) then try browser with 192.68.0.20

IceSte86

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony...had the same idea but I have not a LAN port on the laptop...just found an adapter...still - no luck...

photo_2020-04-20_14-02-16.jpg

photo_2020-04-20_14-02-21.jpg
photo_2020-04-20_14-02-12.jpg