Custom Push Notification System

alexkid

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I recently installed hikvision cam + nvr and I was able to manage sending email when motion is detected.
it may seems "easy" but I am not an expert in this and I used all the advice in this forum (so my cctv vlan has no internet connection and I send email notification via my synology mail server to get the emails)

but when I am away, I do not check my emails every minutes... so maybe there is a config/software that I can install to get instant push notification on my iphone when a motion is detected.
I already found some examples to use the hik-connect app but it needs to have an account and an internet access to the nvr (or I did not understand something...)

Thanks for your help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could set up in your email to forward them via text to your phone?

alexkid

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't know it was possible! :facepalm:
I am in France, is it an option available in every country? or is it a service "next to" the email server?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how text messages are charged in France.

As an example, if you have a gmail account you are using, you just do a forward of that email to your mobile number and that is done within gmail that should be independent of your home country.

Or another option is the $5 pushover app. Instead of sending the email to you, you send the email to pushover and then it pushes a notification to you thru the pushover app.