Custom Audio on Hikvision Thermal issue ((Pint to whoever can assist!))

mrkrstoffa

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings folks,

New here, and spent the best part of last week going OUT OF MY MIND with this, so hoping somebody can help me, as I'm at my wits end.

I have a job for a client, and they require a female voice to be the custom alarm sound. As an audio expert and sound designer myself, I said of course, absolutely no problem. Learned my way around the camera's browser configuration settings etc, recorded my girlfriend doing the voiceover in Audition, exported audio as .wav/8khz etc. all settings as advised in the manual, but at the end of the recording, there is a huge, awful, clipping sound. See following video explaining/demonstrating.

I have tried every possible type of 8khz .wav format... u-format etc. and each one has this horrible sound, some others are inaudible all the way through. I've exported and re-recorded using Cubase, Audacity etc. to ensure it wasn't a glitch with the new Adobe update.

I have absolutely no idea what to do next. Firmware is up to date on the camera. I've rebooted the thing too. Would love to get this fixed, as it promises a lot of voice work in the future with this client, so could be a great earner during these times!

Happy to paypal a pint to anyone who may provide the answer!

Best regards, be safe, and thank you in advance if anyone can help,