Curious Nighttime Stop

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
It's nearly 11 pm and you need to load up your suitcase. So you stop on a random corner. You load 3 items in the suitcase. Are they clothes for a trip? I don't think so. Notice how this guy is dressed. His shorts appear to be down around his mid thighs. The back of his shirt looks like he was sleeping on a dirt floor. If you have good eyes, try to spot where the deer is located at the start and end of the video.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
was this done with the auto-tracking PTZ, or were you watching and controlling live?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
For those asking about the cameras:
1. PTZ is a Dahua SD49225T-HN, It is an older model from February 2017. It still works well and is using pretty much factory settings except I lower the FPS to 15 with Bit Rate at 4096.
2. LPR is Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12
3. Wide view cam is a Dahua IPC-B5442E-ZE.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm calling dead body in that truck then being put in the suitcase ;)

What animal is that at the top of the screen (dead centre towards the end of the video) its watching them LOL

@lulu5kamz I would never get any sleep if I lived where you do... So much action and why is it always there???
The animal is a deer. I think the reason we see all the activity is related to the street you have to travel to get up to this hillside. The street is on the narrow side with no curbs on either side and fairly steep. There is also a blind curve just before this corner. This corner is the first flat space with decent room that you can stop safely.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@lulu5kamz Thanks for the info... Big fan of wild life and in the US (guessing that's where you are) you get a lot of it. That PTZ is doing a great job there especially as there doesn't seem to be much light.. You ever thought of treating yourself to a nice ColorVUE or Dahua equivalent ? Bet you would get some nice shots there?

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For those asking about the cameras:
1. PTZ is a Dahua SD49225T-HN, It is an older model from February 2017. It still works well and is using pretty much factory settings except I lower the FPS to 15 with Bit Rate at 4096.
2. LPR is Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12
3. Wide view cam is a Dahua IPC-B5442E-ZE.
Do you use an extra infrared light or there is lot of steet light on this area ?

BICK

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
@lulu5kamz Thanks for the info... Big fan of wild life and in the US (guessing that's where you are) you get a lot of it. That PTZ is doing a great job there especially as there doesn't seem to be much light.. You ever thought of treating yourself to a nice ColorVUE or Dahua equivalent ? Bet you would get some nice shots there?
I tried color for a few weeks. I was not happy with the results for several reasons. Here is a capture from when I had some color cameras installed in the front of the house.

The first part of the video is from a color camera. The second part is not. I always thought the black and white part of the video had more detail. At some point I might put back the color cameras, but for now I'm happy with cameras I have for now.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you use an extra infrared light or there is lot of steet light on this area ?

BICK
There is a street light on this corner across from our mailbox. I do have an external infrared light above the garage door, but it is pointed at my car parked on the curb. The external infrared light helps to give me details of the area across the street opposite my car.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will try next week GJD IR PROJECTOR for my compagny

BICK

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm guessing he's putting 3 recently stolen catalytic converters (wet back of his shirt from laying on the ground under the cars) into the luggage so when he gets out at home it doesn't raise any suspicion or noise.
I was thinking maybe some type of light fixture. I did a freeze frame at the 1:02 mark. At this point when he puts the last item in the suitcase he hesitates briefly before it goes in. It looks like the cover of a light of some type in the freeze frame. That's my guess, but you could be right too.