critique my new build please kind people that are all knowing and wise and the rest of you can chime in please

Reaction score
My 690 kingpin board should be here in a short time I want to use 64 gigs of ram so I was thinking about using this my main use will be a everyday machine that will also be running my 25 security cameras with AI
I plan on using this processor Intel Core i9-12900K - Core i9 12th Gen Alder Lake 16-Core (8P+8E) 3.2 GHz LGA 1700 125W Intel UHD Graphics 770 Desktop Processor - BX8071512900K - Newegg.com
and this case with this cpu cooler and this Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2tb | B&H Photo Video
I think I may just pull a purple or 2 out of the other machines since they are only a few months old

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
What exactly is your goal for this build (other than to spend a lot of money ;) ).

It's certainly overkill for anything CCTV related.

Reaction score
What exactly is your goal for this build (other than to spend a lot of money ;) ).

It's certainly overkill for anything CCTV related.
I would like to get the AI to work on my cameras, plus surf the net plus when building computers I like to get the latest and greatest this way it is not out dated in 2 months.

that and I have a ac cad program that would run on it

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should not be running anything else on a BI computer, but BI.....period, full stop.
If you have the BI computer properly set up, you should not be surfing the NET on it either, because you should have Windows Updates Turned off on that machine.

You need to add a GPU as well to fully utilize Deepstack. But if you have Dahua cams with AI built-in, you don't need Deepstack or other AI.

Take some of that money and replace outdated cameras instead.

Reaction score
You should not be running anything else on a BI computer, but BI.....period, full stop.
If you have the BI computer properly set up, you should not be surfing the NET on it either, because you should have Windows Updates Turned off on that machine.

You need to add a GPU as well to fully utilize Deepstack. But if you have Dahua cams with AI built-in, you don't need Deepstack or other AI.

Take some of that money and replace outdated cameras instead.
12 of my cameras are Dahua and 13 of my others are Hikvision and I think they have AI in most of them. I need to update one machine to run 11 so instead of buying a 2010 dollar gpu