creating sub streams, need help with frame rate

dstinson

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all, so I just enabled sub streams on 3 of my cams and so far things are well, dropped CPU usage which is nice. I need a little help clarifying the frame rate and GOP and whatever the difference of those 2 are.

I have read this from the wiki:
I-Frame Interval (keyframe interval or "GOP")
Blue Iris developer's recommendations:
  • The i-frame interval should be equal to the frame rate (for best responsiveness and stability).
  • The i-frame interval should be not higher than double the frame rate (if improved compression efficiency is required).
  • The main stream and sub stream should have the same frame rate and i-frame interval.
I am not sure what and where to change to make these settings. I have attached some screen shots of what I have set. If I can some clarification on this one cam, I am sure I can do the rest.

thanks

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Those settings are in and controlled by each camera and are not controlled by BI software. Log into the camera directly, using its' web GUI, and look in either the "Video" area or the "Configuration" area. Cameras like Reolink, SV3C, Foscam and other, low end, brands do not allow complete control of those parameters and some may not be able to support dual streams.