Creating Folders For Dates

Ironheadchop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are recording Continues, is there a way to set it up to record into a new folder for each day? Was thinking it would be easier to go back and look at videos if they were sorted by dates.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are recording Continues, is there a way to set it up to record into a new folder for each day? Was thinking it would be easier to go back and look at videos if they were sorted by dates.
No. Blue Iris already lets you sort by date when you view the clips or alerts list That's the entire point of having a VMS.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And it has a calendar top left to select a date and the alerts for that day pop up.

Much simpler and efficient than a folder for each day. I had a camera that did it that way and it was a hassle to find anything.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I rarely look at footage older than 2 weeks. So in BI I set up the clips to be in the new folder for only 14 days.
This keeps the clip section (on the left side in the browser) short and sweet. It is extremely quick and easy to navigate clips.
My wife became a clip ninja almost instantly with this setup.

I used to not do this and the clip list got stupid long. The scrolling would go on forever.

Now if I want to go beyond 14 days I can do so, I just click on the ‘stored’ button and here comes every clip ever taken (I am setup to go back about 4 months). Since the stored folder is on my second hard drive, I can here it spinning up when I do that!