Coyote Coming Down The Street At 9:17 AM

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why is the video blanking out?!?
I was wondering that too. I thought it was my screen at first.

And why wasn't the first 48 seconds of the video edited out. There was no action at all during that time. The coyote didn't show up until the last 23 seconds of the video.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Why is the video blanking out?!?
It is from my video editor. I need to use another one. If you were to look at the raw video it does not do that. To even get it this good I have to make say a 10 minute segment then redo it again and cut it down to the 1 minute or so that I want. So basically I have to run it through the editor twice. It does not like the format from my Hikvision NVR.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
It is from my video editor. I need to use another one. If you were to look at the raw video it does not do that. To even get it this good I have to make say a 10 minute segment then redo it again and cut it down to the 1 minute or so that I want. So basically I have to run it through the editor twice. It does not like the format from my Hikvision NVR.
Wouldn’t it be easier to adjust the time frame just for that one minute clip? Opposed to trying to edit a ten minute video feed through a third party software?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be easier to adjust the time frame just for that one minute clip? Opposed to trying to edit a ten minute video feed through a third party software?
Yes it would be if it were not for the fact that the editor has problems with the raw video from the NVR. The editor creates blank spots especially at the beginning of a segment and the end of a segment. It is less apt to do it on the second pass through the editor.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I was wondering that too. I thought it was my screen at first.

And why wasn't the first 48 seconds of the video edited out. There was no action at all during that time. The coyote didn't show up until the last 23 seconds of the video.
No, he is there at the first coming down the sidewalk. He darts back and forth across the street and comes in and out of view. There are dogs in the home by the white and black trailer. They were probably barking at him and getting his attention.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder if there is a IVS rule to do auto tracking for pets. I guess in this case wildlife, I see like on PTZ IVS rules for Human / MotorVehicles.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder if there is a IVS rule to do auto tracking for pets. I guess in this case wildlife, I see like on PTZ IVS rules for Human / MotorVehicles.
As of now you would have to setup an IVS rule with a min object size and hope it doesn't lead to too many false triggers.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Another video by thermal camera :cool:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow! In the IR camera I can barely make out the lead coyote. I was only able to see it after I replayed it several times by matching the actions of the thermal camera.

BTW, That split screen video is awesome.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
haha, With the current setup as it is I am actually hoping when I say add few more no one notices as they will hopefully blend in with others hahha

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Forget the coyote, the video quality is stunning! What camera is that? 8 MP?
Yes it is a 8MP PTZ camera. The model number is Dahua DH-SD8A820WA-HNF. I was just thinking that those who cannot see the coyote in the first part of the video may not have a 4K monitor. With a 1080 monitor maybe you cannot see it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Question: Are all those car engines giving off heat, or is it picking up heat for some other reason?

I assume the cars have been parked for quite awhile, and thus should have cold engines. Yet, the heat signatures are the same as the moving cars.
I assume the cars have been parked for quite awhile, and thus should have cold engines. Yet, the heat signatures are the same as the moving cars.----Yes, that is right, nighttime people parking their car beside the road, so parking less time, the heat is more stronger.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes it is a 8MP PTZ camera. The model number is Dahua DH-SD8A820WA-HNF. I was just thinking that those who cannot see the coyote in the first part of the video may not have a 4K monitor. With a 1080 monitor maybe you cannot see it.
Yes, the 4K ones really need a 4K Monitor and can enjoy the good pics! Please post some nightvision pics for us too. :cool: