Corridor Mode / Function

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to see if anyone can confirm the following functionality on some higher megapixel models for Dahua if it works or not (since the spec sheets don't seem to be accurate in this regard).

On some 3MP cameras you can rotate the lens 90 degrees and then flip 90 degrees in the software to obtain "Corridor mode", allowing you to maximize your coverage for long narrow hallways. Unfortunately on some models I've found that if you try to do this, you get a warning that it is un-supported in that resolution.

Basically in the camera all you are doing is this:
Corridor_Flip.png

But if you try to save it, you get this:
Corridor_Warn.png

I was hoping if anyone has tried this on some higher MP dome cameras like the HDBW81230E, or HDBW5842H , etc could chime in and let me know their thoughts.

Dahua spec sheets normally have this mentioned as in:
"Image Rotation0°/90°/180°/270° (Support 90°/270° with 1080p resolution or below. "

But I have a HDBW2831R-ZS model where it states:
Flip0°/90°/180°/270°

With no mention of the limits, but I get the aforementioned error. So it would seem that they sometimes forget to mention the limits on some models.

I was able to achieve this on a HDBW5442E-ZE but it is only 4MP and I need to look into a larger unit to cover more distance.

Thanks!

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Specs are frequently incorrect and firmware often buggy.
That is probably the statement of the year :)

One more reason to rely on personal thoughts and experiences on some of these units. As much as I'd love to order one and find out, my boss would not be pleased with me ordering cameras just to see if it works or not for one feature.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is probably the statement of the year :)

One more reason to rely on personal thoughts and experiences on some of these units. As much as I'd love to order one and find out, my boss would not be pleased with me ordering cameras just to see if it works or not for one feature.
Stick with the 2mp versions, such as Review-dahua-ipc-hdw2231rp-zs-starlight-camera-varifocal
3mp is NOT much of an increase anyway.