copy a camera, and to be able to zomer, so that the plates are recognized

www.ptvc.ch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am looking for a solution to be able to copy a camera, and to be able to zomer, so that the plates are recognized

or are in Blue Iris when it recognizes a plaque

best regard

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That isn't the way it works....except on TV.

You need optical zoom not digital zoom. You might get away with a little digital, but not much. How far away would the vehicle be from the camera?

We need higher focal length cameras to make the field of view basically be the size of a car.

Regarding plates, keep in mind that this is a camera dedicated to plates and not an overview camera also. It is as much an art as it is a science. You will need two cameras. For LPR we need to OPTICALLY zoom in tight to make the plate as large as possible. For most of us, all you see is the not much more than a vehicle in the entire frame. Now maybe in the right location during the day it might be able to see some other things, but not at night.

At night, we have to run a very fast shutter speed (1/2,000) and in B/W with IR and the image will be black. All you will see are head/tail lights and the plate. Some people can get away with color if they have enough street lights, but most of us cannot. Here is a representative sample of plates I get at night of vehicles traveling about 45MPH at 175 feet from my 2MP 5241-Z12E camera (that is all that is needed for plates):

1675078711764.png

See the LPR subforum.

Last edited: