Convert LaView NVR to Hikvision Firmware?

Fallen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker here; ive got a Laview NVR that is essentially the same as the E series 7716

Any chance there's a way to convert the firmware from Laview to proper Hik?

Model LV-N9916C6E
Serial No. BBRR
Firmware Version V3.3.1 build 160803
Encoding Version V1.0 build 150422
Web Version V4.0.1 build 150528

robbinh00d

n3wb
Reaction score
So, what is your main question if it true?
I think OP wants to know if he can convert his NVR to a Hikvision, from LaView brand.
I personally want to convert my LaView cameras to Hikvision. I have a feeling that is possible somehow. But nobody has seemed to try it yet.

SDeGonge

n3wb
Reaction score
+1
I also have LaView NVR & cameras and would love to convert to Hikvision firmware.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You must have any worl firmware from LaView for your devices & of couse make full dump for insurance ;)

Fallen

n3wb
Reaction score
So you’ll have to forgive me but while I am aware of the existence of the SDK tools for Hikvision; I’m unsure of how to interface with the NVR in the event of a bad flash.

That being said, if you perform a full dump of the Firmware; download the firmware from LaViews website and a comparable Hik firmware, you could in essence gut swap the contents of the flash. Am I correct in these assumptions? The 9916 series Laview is the same hardware if I’m not mistaken as the 7616 E series I “THINK”

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No need to guess!
When you have working firmware at your hand for Laview NVRr, then it will be seen what it is and what it is eaten with;)

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the working firmware for this unit from laview. I extracted it with hiktools. How do you tell for sure what it is?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes it for the one decive.
Firmware for hik without boot loader, so you don't break anything.

If you try update from TTL, so save log

Amoyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Fallen or bsocko did you do the 3.4.x update and did it work out well on the LV-N9916C6E ?

Amoyer

n3wb
Reaction score
I attempted bsocko's 3.4.96 file, but I receive a "firmware mismatch" message on the .dav file. I have the same system details as Fallen listed in the original post. Not sure what is different, any help would be appreciated.

MIKEDE05

n3wb
Reaction score
I attempted bsocko's 3.4.96 file, but I receive a "firmware mismatch" message on the .dav file. I have the same system details as Fallen listed in the original post. Not sure what is different, any help would be appreciated.
I also have the same NVR and wanted to know if anyone had success upgrading firmware .

Amoyer

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have the same NVR and wanted to know if anyone had success upgrading firmware .
As I noted this didn't work for me with this version. I read Bsocko's other post, in there he references a "D" series and I have a "C" series NVR. @bsocko how can I determine the appropriate HIVision firmware for the LV-N9916C6E, (c series). SInce using this file and reading your other post, I think I would get the same error.