control of PZT (especially IR LEDs)

eganders

n3wb
Reaction score
The only place I see PZT being controlled for a camera is in the individual camera schedule screen. Under "Event schedule", you can set many PZT controls. My questions are:

1. Is the "Event schedule" independent of the individual camera schedule? I am using a global schedule and if the Event schedule is only active if the "Override global schedule for this camera" is checked, then I would have to fill in all the schedule info to enable the Event Schedule to be active. I hope this is not true.

2. It appears that the Event schedule of PZT is basically independent of the schedule profiles, but I won't know until I go through a few cycles to prove it. If someone has a good grasp of the way the "Event schedule" under the individual camera schedule tab works, please give me a rundown.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know anything about the event schedule, but have you checked Blue Iris' help file? You can click the help button on practically any settings page to jump right to the section you want.

eganders

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I even printed out the whole help file to use it as a manual (there is not a formal manual). The help file is pretty good, but it could use some examples and some more explanation.

By the way, I believe I was partially correct. The PZT control is in the individual camera Event schedule. The event schedule is controlled by the profiles, but also sunrise/sunset as well. The PZT and other controls under Event schedule are set up under the Function which is under the Add/Edit camera control event.

For some reason, my camera was set up as automatic under this control and it ended up setting the camera to automatic even if I manually set it to IR on or IR off when I switched from one schedule to another.