Continuous Recording + Trigger Playback

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
New BI5 user. This is something that is probablly simple and obvious, but I have spend 2 days trying to figure it out with no luck. I have one channel that is set up as "Triggered + continuous each". I cannot figure out out how to playback the "continuous" part of the recording. The "triggered" recording playback works fine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New BI5 user. This is something that is probablly simple and obvious, but I have spend 2 days trying to figure it out with no luck. I have one channel that is set up as "Triggered + continuous each". I cannot figure out out how to playback the "continuous" part of the recording. The "triggered" recording playback works fine.
Just use continuous or triggered. What you are using doesn't accomplish what you think...

Simply set it to continuous ONLY. Then setup motion detection. You will get the result you want.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First, there is probably no real need to do both continuous and triggered recordings. That simply duplicates the trigger recordings. When continuous recording is used with motion detection the triggered events are easily viewed from the timeline or the alerts pane. In fact, with continuous recording alerts are nothing more than "markers" in the database for the alerts so they do not take up any additional disk space.

You can view the continuous recordings simply by selecting "new" in the dropdown menu on the upper left of the console screen that typically shows "alerts".

If you're reviewing your alerts it can be much easier, and much faster, to use UI3, the web interface. The animation in the gifs makes it very quick and easy to review hours worth in a few minutes.

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just use continuous or triggered. What you are using doesn't accomplish what you think...

Simply set it to continuous ONLY. Then setup motion detection. You will get the result you want.
That worked! Thanks. Really like using BI5 so far. Was using GV-NVR GV-VMS for a long time, now just have to figure out all the bells and whistles of BI5.

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First, there is probably no real need to do both continuous and triggered recordings. That simply duplicates the trigger recordings. When continuous recording is used with motion detection the triggered events are easily viewed from the timeline or the alerts pane. In fact, with continuous recording alerts are nothing more than "markers" in the database for the alerts so they do not take up any additional disk space.

You can view the continuous recordings simply by selecting "new" in the dropdown menu on the upper left of the console screen that typically shows "alerts".

If you're reviewing your alerts it can be much easier, and much faster, to use UI3, the web interface. The animation in the gifs makes it very quick and easy to review hours worth in a few minutes.

That is my next item to figure out, the UI3 web interface.