Constant DB Repairs needed for incorrect drive allocation and more

Reaction score
I recently started having issues with BI not moving stored files as specified, so the main drive ran out of space. Now BI regularly thinks it's out of space when it's not, and I have to regularly (2-3x/month) run the manual Repair DB process. That's only a short term fix. Now I don't get accurate alerts from the cameras that remain active, and half my cameras won't even stay connected to BI. I also did some BI updates around the same time this all started happening. I'm currently on the penultimate release as I usually wait a few days after a release for updating.

Any chance you have some insight into fixing any of these? I really don't know if they're related, but they all started happening around the same time.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There were some release's that caused database issues similar to this.
What exact version are you on?
The fix is probably this: Shutdown BI, delete the folder the DB is in, restart BI and let it rebuild.

Reaction score
Why not roll back at least a version or 2 to see if that is, in fact, the reason?
Ideally, try going back to the ver before this began, if you know what ver that was.
Thanks. I've considered that, but I thought I'd put a note here first to see if others have seen any similar issues.

Reaction score
There were some release's that caused database issues similar to this.
What exact version are you on?
The fix is probably this: Shutdown BI, delete the folder the DB is in, restart BI and let it rebuild.
Thanks. I'll give that a try. I'm currently on 5.6.9.4 dated 1/27/2023. I didn't realize I could remove the DB folder and still have it work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you like headaches or don't care to be a beta tester (which we do need and are thankful of those doing that), once you find a stable version of BI that is working with your system, resist the urge to update until they add something that is of value to you. Especially now with all the frequent changes trying to get CodeProject to work more seamlessly.

I am still on 5.5.something because Deepstack simply works for me and I have seen lots of issues with the new CodeProject and nothing new has been added since my version that I care about. Most here do not update and do not have auto update on and only update when something new is added they want. Previously I was on an older version until substreams were introduced and then I stayed on that stable version until DeepStack was added then I went to that stable version, and I am holding tight there until something is added that I feel I need or would enhance my system.

Many people here are still on Version 4 because that works for them.

Reaction score
It didn't work out so well counting on the software to rebuild the DB automatically. The rebuilt DB showed I'm 31.4GB overallocated! I ran the Repair DB process and I'll see how many days that holds up.

Reaction score
Unless you like headaches or don't care to be a beta tester (which we do need and are thankful of those doing that), once you find a stable version of BI that is working with your system, resist the urge to update until they add something that is of value to you. Especially now with all the frequent changes trying to get CodeProject to work more seamlessly.
Thanks. I've always thought it better to be up to date, but your comments make sense. I don't care about the AI. I'll work my way back a handful more versions to see if I find something that helps, although I'm not confident that will be a cure for the issues I'm seeing. My gut feel is that it seems more like something is corrupt. I'm leaning towards a fresh install of BI on a second box as a trial, and if that acts the same, then start resetting cameras. That's never easy though as some not very accessible. I can't imagine anything network related that would cause these issues. Can you think of anything else I may be missing?

Reaction score
Here's an update: I'm back to version 5.5.9.6 from 8/1/2022 and see only 1 minor difference from the current version. Now all 10 of my cameras have image in BI, but many of them are old, ranging from 8/2022 to yesterday. The display makes it look like they're current since they don't display the usual connection error, but 7 are old.

I've reset one camera back to factory settings and set it back up again, but that didn't make any difference at all. I also set up the latest version of BI on another computer and it's showing me the exact same behavior. What am I missing? Have you ever seen network / camera incompatibilities?