Condensation on IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue with their IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E? it's brand new where should I look for a source of the moisture?

1611939444472.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you take it from a nice warm house out into winter weather? That's probably the cause if so, it should dissipate in a day or so.-

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's been out there for a week or so now, condensation just started happening yesterday :(

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
There are desiccates inside that should prevent that. It should also be sealed. I would say that's not normal. May want to PM Andy.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's been out there for a week or so now, condensation just started happening yesterday :(
They sometimes fail to put the desiccates packs in at the factory. It would lead to this.
Cable may not be properly sealed where it enters the back.
Someone else also had this issue, and found that the seal just behind the face that is removeable was not installed properly when he disassembled it.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of mine developed this suddenly and the condensation spot was out of my target area so I put up with it. Well the camera just stopped working one day. I brought it inside for days and took it apart to dry out and I would hear clicking when I powered it up but nothing else.... maybe I should try again after a couple months sitting in a closet? It was just over a year old when that happened.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a 5442 that just did this today. It’s not even a year old and is mounted under an eave so no direct waters gets on it.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I opened it up cleaned off the glass and put it back together. there were desiccant packs in there, i don't know where the moisture was coming from. it hasn't done it since then though, so maybe something wasn't sealed 100% and I got it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Sometimes happen.

There has a dry silicon bag inside, maybe expired.
Camera inside is bit hot, and has warm air, so when have a heavy rain/temperature big drop, the outdoor is cold, and will have condensation .
Open the housing , use a drier to dry it, or replace a dry silicon bag, it also can disappear itself, just leave it 1-2 days.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HFW5241E is the processor of HiSilicon Hi3516D.
This product has been around for some years.
So it is possible that the desiccant expires.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Just dry out the camera, and replace the desiccant pack.

I always put a little silicone grease on the RJ45 jack, and at the same time, I put some on the SD card door, just where
the O ring is to make sure that O ring seals the best it can.