Combine existing Dahua XVR with new Dahua NVR

gobats

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, first post and mindful of the fact that what I am hoping for may not be possible so please go easy.

I am moving in to a new warehouse that has 16 existing analog cameras (Dahua HAC-HFW2401TP-Z-A) connected to a Dahua XVR5216AN unit. We need to install a further 24 cameras for other areas of the factory and so we are looking to use a Dahua NVR5432 unit for this. The installer has told me however that there is no way to 'connect' the existing cameras on the XVR to the new NVR to make 1 unified system rather than 2 completely separate systems.

Does anyone know if my installer is incorrect and there is some way to create 1 single camera system even though there are separate video recorders?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and No (like that answer LOL) - there are some hybrid NVRs that can take a limited number of analog cameras and IP cameras. I am not aware of one that would be large enough for the number of cameras you have.

You could always use a VMS like Blue Iris that could bring together up to 64 cameras and the video could be pulled from each NVR or XVR into it.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Why not 2 separate systems? When the old one goes down and parts are no longer available,
the new one is up and already running with the "latest" just add more cams.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are only limited by the amount of money you want to spend.

Seriously, if your installer says it's not an alternative, he probably is also limited by his bid.

I've done a few jobs for grocery stores that had paid over 50,00.00 for a profesionally installed system that is bare bones. "Avigilon" and they have great stuff.

but with all the new ipc equipment, they do not want to pay that much to upgrade 15 stores.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The XVR can run analog OR IP cams or a mix of both. The 5432 NVR can only run/see IP cams

So yeah he’s right but it really doesn’t matter. I run an XVR and an NVR in two places including my own house.

Using SmartPSS (installed on a pc) as a viewer/monitor, you can see all cameras from both devices in one place. You simply add each device to SmartPSS and it acts as a central monitoring station. The devices don’t even need to be on the same network.

* SmartPSS is free. You install it on a pc that connects to the internet/network. When initially installing it, do NOT install the PC-NVR component. Just the viewer. This allows you to view live, playback, and download recordings from a single place. No need to log into each recording device.

Example: 25 cameras from 2 XVRs and 4 NVRs at 5 different locations
smartpss25.jpg

Last edited: