CodeProject AI not detecting "person" properly in all cases

Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris 5 with CodeProject AI and it's set to identify "person". This works well during the daylight hours, but at night it identifies almost all cars as a person and also identifies blowing snow as a person.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Anyone have suggestions on changes I can make?

1671413209752.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris 5 with CodeProject AI and it's set to identify "person". This works well during the daylight hours, but at night it identifies almost all cars as a person and also identifies blowing snow as a person.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Anyone have suggestions on changes I can make?

View attachment 148586
Give ipcam-general model a try, when I trained the model I combined the yolov5 model images with the dark model images to improve night time performance. The labels for this model are person and vehicle.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Night is when it will struggle, especially if you are using infrared.

It is also problematic in certain field of views if you are trying to do too much with a camera view.

It is also problematic if your cameras are on default/auto settings. You need to adjust shutter, contrast, brightness, etc.

Posting screenshots of your camera gui settings and BI motion settings and the picture of the field of view can help us troubleshoot further.

Reaction score
Give ipcam-general model a try, when I trained the model I combined the yolov5 model images with the dark model images to improve night time performance. The labels for this model are person and vehicle.
I set up ip-general last night and did not get any alerts about cars being identified as a person. I have not tested it by actually walking out and seeing if it'll trigger with me in the view, but we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion!

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a slightly diff problem.

I have 3 cameras that are identifying people when motion is detected but another 2 cameras are set up in identical fashion but they only come up as "MOTION" no identifiable object.