Clip Thumbnails Gone In Side Panel

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
While messing with my BI re-install and tweaking the settings, I managed to somehow turn off the clips on the side panel. The "All Clips" and "Alerts" are no longer showing. They're there in the hard drives. I can go into the folders and click to play them. They're also showing in the timeline view. If anyone could point me in the correct direction to turn those back on, I'd appreciate it.

Side Panel 2.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Because your calendar icon is green (in use), you've likely inadvertantly selected a date with no clips, more likely in the future.
Click on the folder icon and in the drop-down check "All Clips". Generally, clicking on the calendar then selecting "Clear/cancel" at the lower right corner of its menu provides the same action.

This works with my version which is 5.4.7.11 from 6/11/21.

Side Panel 2.jpg

Last edited:

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird. All clips is selected and you can see blocks like there would be thumbnails. When a date that has no clips is selected (like romorrow), there are no blocks, no slider on the side and it says "Empty list".

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure, but I'll confirm it when I get home from work this evening. Though I'm pretty sure when you click "All Clips" in the folder icon, it highlights the file cabinet icon on the far left as above in the picture and shows those clips. Conversely, when you click on "Alerts" in the folder icon, it highlights the lightning bolt and shows the alert clips.

Coincidently, alerts and clips are working on my android app.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I get home and check the machine and everything is working like normal. AND THEN...

I'm making some adjustments to my network and have to restart the machine and now all the "All Clips" is showing an empty list. Here's what it looks like when the file icon is clicked with "All Clips"

All Clips.jpg

Here's the weird thing though. The Alerts is only showing one alert from Dec 26th. Also before you could see the alerts in UI3 and the android app, now you can't.

Alerts (1).jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Might want to check some of the older clips to see if the clips behind the image in that pane are actually there. I had the same thing the other day. Did the repair and all seemed good until I had to go back to look at an older clip. They still weren't really there or would pull up some other clip from another camera when clicked. Had to do a delete and rebuild to get everything back to a fresh start and in sync again.