Client connection audio notification

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I am running BI 5. Previously when a client (e.g. iOS Blue Iris app) connected to my BI server, the server would make a sound and I could go to the status window and the connections tab to see who just connected to my server. I don't remember starting when, but at some point my BI server doesn't play a sound any more when a client is connected. I may have changed something but I can't find where I can configure that. BI audio is working as I can listen to audio coming from my cameras.

Any idea where in the user interface I can reenable this audio notification? Thanks.

Currently running BI version 5.5.6.15

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I am running BI 5. Previously when a client (e.g. iOS Blue Iris app) connected to my BI server, the server would make a sound and I could go to the status window and the connections tab to see who just connected to my server. I don't remember starting when, but at some point my BI server doesn't play a sound any more when a client is connected. I may have changed something but I can't find where I can configure that. BI audio is working as I can listen to audio coming from my cameras.

Any idea where in the user interface I can reenable this audio notification? Thanks.

Currently running BI version 5.5.6.15
BI settings => users => Edit user (highlight with mouse click then click on pencil icon) =>Actions => On Login => + sign (to add) => Sound => Choose a .wav file => OK
Don't forget to "enable" the "Actions" page and click on "OK"

BTW, this can be found in BI's built-in "help" file....:cool:

Last edited: