CISCO Managed SG 500-28 / Pool DHCP help

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

It's been some time since I worked on a CISCO Switch / router (like 2000'ish). I have it working just fine as a standalone on the same network at the moment, but I'm trying to configure it with a separate VLAN / DHCP for my IP Cameras.

In otherwords, it currently has an uplink from my R9000 router, works fine, and basically powers my IP Cameras all on the same subnet. I configured the switch for a new VLAN and then configured Port to VLAN for port 2 (as a test for now) and enabled the DHCP server, and a pool but i don't think i did it right.

What I'm trying to do, is segregate / subnet my network such that the Switch gets assigned an IP from my router (which it does), and then My IP Cameras get assigned an IP on a different subnet. Example - Switch is assigned an IP on the 192.168.3 subnet. IP Cameras get assigned an IP on the the 192.168.4 subnet, Other stuff on the 192.168.5 subnet, etc....

I can't seem to figure out how to get the switch to assign out a .4 subnet address when I plug it into a port assigned to that VLAN.