Changed RTSP port of IP cam and now cannot access via browser

awasae

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have an unknown brand IP camera and I have been accessing it over the LAN through IE to view and change its settings. I was trying out different settings and changed its default Media port from 34567 to 554. But afterwards I was unable to login to the camera through IE to revert the port change. When I try to log in a pop up message appears saying 'Login timeout'. I tried the IE tab using chrome and there it says 'Can't find the device'.

Can anyone help me get into the camera settings to change the port settings to default? Is there any command that I can use on cmd to change the rtsp port.

Below are the messages I receive while trying to login through the browser over the LAN. Note that the camera is also connected to the NVR on its POE port and working fine but I cannot access it over LAN.

camera_timeout_chromeIEtab.jpgcamera_timeout.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't 34567 the 'command and control port' and 554 already used as the RTSP port?
If you are really lucky - you might be able to change ports or use the 'Reset to defaults' buttons in 'network settings' of the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net

awasae

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I suppose you are correct. I incorrectly wrote rtsp, it should be media port. I changed the media port from 34567 to 554.
I'll try ONVIF Device Manager as you suggested.

ARK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I know a while has passed since this post but did you solve your "login timeout" issue?

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That camera appears to be using firmware that is similar to the TOP-201 camera. Use the Top-201 factory reset tool. It worked on one of my generic cheap cameras.