Certain cameras go offline and display "Net Error"

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep having this issue with one of my clients. Some of their cameras, at random, go out for no apparent reason and display "Net Error". When I go to troubleshoot it, the camera's IP address is offline (Onvif Protocol)... But the Aebell Protocol with that same IP is discoverable. Yet no Onvif. Onvif shows up after PoE Switch reset.

10 (Generic) 5mp ip Cams -> 16port PoE Switch 802.3af Compliant -> gigabit uplink to 32ch (Generic) NVR

Only 3 cameras are running 5mp at 20fps. All other channels are set at 2 or 3mp.
Is it a bandwidth problem? Should I lower the fps to reduce data transfer?
IP Conflicts with other devices on the Network? (If so how can I change this so it will work)
all cams are labeled 192.168.0.102 all to .111 (and one is .98)
Sometimes the 3 5mp cams don't show a sub stream.

Help please!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I run no more than 10fps. I haven't found a need to run higher.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I somewhat agree. But, is this a solution or just a mere preference?

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume you have the same setup at other sites and no issues?

at which point I'd be looking closely at a power issue, some sites I look after are that bad that I run power from our factory data cabinets into an online ups in their main data rack to get rid of drop-outs

something I've taken to doing so that I don't have to fight with conflicts is putting my cam's on a different network range to that of the other devices... and don't route it, just give the NVR/VMS an IP on the different range and a second IP on the normal range.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, same setup at other sites, no problems. The thing with other sites is, those setups are hooked up to Battery Backups, which provide a solid power flow to all the equipment.
As for Ip conflicts, idk... Should I change the 192. to something different (On all camera equipment)? The 168. to something different (On all camera equipment)? or the 0. to something different (on all camera equipment).
The reason I am asking is because I had a problem with a network which had a 192.168.1.1 Ip and a 10.0.0.1 IP. I could not get a ping back from certain IPs. It was a mess.

P.S. I have DHCP turned off on my NVR and the Cameras

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Kind of up to you... you need to be very happy with your setups, I don't really trust what other people do on my networks which is why I'll select a completely different subnet... I guess if your existing network is 192.168.0.X you could throw the cam's on 10.0.0.X if you want and just do the thing with the NVR where it's also on the 192.168.0.X address so it can be accessed/routed

you won't get a ping back from devices not on your network... so if your laptop is on 192.168.0.x and your cam's are on 10.0.0.x you won't be able to ping them unless you add an IP to your Laptop that's on the 10.0.0.x network (Less of an issue for me, since my servers are on both networks, and I just login to the servers themselves for anything the Cam's need adjusted)