Cat fail

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Our neighbor's cat crosses our driveway at least 2 times a night. I'm going to have to go out and have a talk with it - "Do you see that thing sitting on top of my front tire? It's a RAT, you're supposed to catch and kill it!"

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check under your hood, those guys can do a lot of damage chewing wires and vacuum lines. I've tried everything to keep them out of my truck that I don't drive often enough and have only had success with these bags of sweet smelling herbs. Rats hate the smell.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a shot somewhere of a rat climbing on a big sign with my city's name on it. I sent it in to the city calendar photo contest. It didn't make the calendar, but a local newspaper asked to use it as part of a piece on reducing rat habitat in your yard.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
*1 to what @NoloC said...them and their gopher cousins love thermoplastic Type THW insulation on traffic signal conductors in the underground concrete pullboxes.

A close second would be their other rodent cousin, the gray squirrel, who would open up the top of blue, thermoplastic photoelectric cells (PEC) atop street light luminaires like Popeye would open a can of spinach! :banghead:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
@NoloC thanks for the recommendation, I'd prefer to try using that rather than mothballs.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From a tactical perspective, the cat did appear to look at the rat then looked back down as if it realized that the rat wasn't in a vulnerable position nor catchable at that exact moment. Perhaps the cat circled around and waited for the rat to jump down onto the ground.