Cant view clips from one camera in App

neilma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks
Let me caveat this by saying this used to work ;) I have made some changes (mainly setting up deepstack etc).
However the issue is - If I open the app, and choose to view an alert clip from one of my cameras I just see a black square (with the camera controls). Any other camera works fine. I can view the alert clips on UI3 and within BI itself fine and I can also view general recorded footage within the app from that camera fine (when I go to the calendar view and open a clip there. My issue is literally from within alerts and trying to play back an alert clip in the app.

I have tried....
Removing the camera and setting up a new one (cloned from a working camera)
Setting up a new camera entirely fresh
Removing all the files in the BI DB folder
Removing the cache and data on the BI app

I'm using the newest app version (3.0.26)
And BI version 5.4.5.1

The cameras all have the same settings (on the camera and within BI) however this problem camera has its image rotated 90 degrees in BI settings all other settings are the same. I dont use smart codec settings in the camera (and I am direct to disk recording using BVR)

Anything else to look at or try?

Thanks
Neil

neilma

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to add to this, reviewing some clips today from the "problem" camera in the BI app and found that I can hear the sound but the clip still shows no video.... any ideas what or how to troubleshoot this?

thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

neilma

n3wb
Reaction score
Still having the issue - anything else i could try?

Thx
Neil

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can you view the camera on the BI PC application ?
Can you view the camera with a bowser using UI3, at home on the local network and on a remote network ?

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had this problem with cameras that record in H265 (works fine with H264), The fix was changing the LAN/WAN Encoder profiles from VBR to CBR.

neilma

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks folks for the suggestions.

@ SY = Yes the camera is viewable on the BI app and via a browser for UI3 and also on the phone app (both internal and external network). The issue is only viewing alerts when in the app - I can see the live camera feed when in the app, no problem (and I dont think anything has changed (yeah, they all say that :))

@ KKLee - Thanks. I tried setting the encoder back to H264 on the camera (same issue) and in the BI app the LAN/WAN encoder profiles are already both on CBR

If I play the Alert video in the app, I can hear the sound but the screen is just blank. Weird....

Any other ideas?

Thanks again/.