Cant upload different firmware (TFTP) Rebranded Hikvision NVR

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I have fortunately not bricked my rebranded Hikvision NVR... But, the 3rd party firmware is lacking some features and is few and far between when it comes to pushing out new firmware. Would like to upload Hikvision firmware. Found the Hikvision firmware (I think) is for this rebranded NVR.

NVR is NR32P8-8
Hikvision firmware I am attempting to upload is DS-7608NI-K2/8P (K51_BL_ML_STDv3, even tried V4 firmware)
Attempted to upload Supplier firmware, and same issue. No Change

Issue I am experiencing is I start the program (All IPs configured as per instructions), Once initialized, I turn on the NVR. After a moment, it will say Connection successful and proceed to upload. Then every 40 seconds, the Connection Successful and Uploading process repeats infinitely.

Ill terminate the connection, power down the NVR, then power it back up just to see, on SADP, the old firmware is still there and am able to boot into the NVR.

What may I be doing wrong? I dont want this 3rd party firmware as they are slow to update their firmware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Issue I am experiencing is I start the program
The Hikvision tftp updater?

After a moment, it will say Connection successful and proceed to upload. Then every 40 seconds, the Connection Successful and Uploading process repeats infinitely.
The Hikvision tftp updater has a 32MB filesize limit.
The K51 firmware exceeds that limit, so when it hits it on the download, the download restarts.

Presumably you are trying to use the tftp updater as you've tried the web GUI or USB method and the non-OEM firmware is rejected?

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, using Hikvision Updater

and yes, tried the traditional firmware upload methods as well. May search for a smaller/older firmware or just use Putty. That 32mb file size explains a lot.

any other tips?

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvision tftp updater?

The Hikvision tftp updater has a 32MB filesize limit.
The K51 firmware exceeds that limit, so when it hits it on the download, the download restarts.

Presumably you are trying to use the tftp updater as you've tried the web GUI or USB method and the non-OEM firmware is rejected?

So what are my TFTP options to load firmware which is over a 32MB file size? Do i have to push through the 4 pins on the motherboard? Is there another tool which could push a larger firmware via the ethernet cable? Say, 42MB?

bbmre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So what are my TFTP options to load firmware which is over a 32MB file size? Do i have to push through the 4 pins on the motherboard? Is there another tool which could push a larger firmware via the ethernet cable? Say, 42MB?
What did u end up doing?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score