Can't get Smart Detect / IVS Analyse to draw any targets or rules

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a new HDBW4421E, and I would like to try the IVS Analyse functions, but I can't get it to draw any rules or targets.

In the browser (Safari) I log in as admin and go to Setup | Event | IVS Analyse and select the Tripwire tab. I Enable the function. It shows "line 1" in the Rule List box.

I assume I should be able to draw a line on the preview window now if I click the Draw Rule button below it, but nothing shows up when I click my mouse and drag it across the preview. The same problem occurs for the other IVS Analyse functions, and also for the Face Detect feature. If I click the Clear button to the right of the Draw Rule button I get a message at the bottom of the window that says "Please draw now", but I still get nothing when I click and drag within the preview area.

Is there some trick to getting it to draw a rule line and target? I've tried Firefox as well with no success. I can use the mouse to set blocks on and off for the regular Motion Detect function, so it's seeing my mouse clicks and movements on the preview window.

Thanks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cant get em to work in OSX Either, regardless of browser.. I'll try it in IE on a VM here shortly and let you know if I had any success.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok so it does work fine in IE, which really fucking sucks for OSX users..

go to VirturalBox.org, download and install it..

then go here and grab the IE11 on Win81 VM Image, download it.. import it, take a snapshot of it before booting the first time.. then fire it up, connect to camera with IE, install plugin, and configure IVS directly through the cam.

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup... works in IE on my system. What a pain. I'm glad it's not just my system though... maybe Dahua will fix this if it affects all OS X users (what would be really nice is if they would change their code to use a Web browser technology that also works on iPads and iPhones... the plug-in method they're using now no longer works in Chrome either, so I'm guessing eventually they'll have to convert to a newer method that's more broadly compatible with today's security standards).

Thanks for the workaround!

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was doing a search on this since I was tinkering with IVS last night and could not draw anything in the preview screen. I guess Dahua hasn't come up with a fix.

undecimo

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, almost 6 years later and still no fix for this issue. Trying to draw a tripwire and it only lets me draw endless polygons that can't be saved. Firefox, Chrome, and SmartPSS on Mac, as well as Safari which was ungodly slow with the web UI for some reason.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep and with Windows killing off Explorer, those without access to an older system not connected to the Internet will be SOL as well and will now know how Mac users have felt all these years :lmao:

undecimo

n3wb
Reaction score
Crazy... Now I see the issue isn't limited to MacOS, boundaries can't be drawn in ANY Chromium-based browser which includes Edge for Win 11. Is MSIE in a VM (or Wine) really the only option for configuring these features?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some have had luck with Pale Moon browser, but some of the cameras do not like it either.

Others have had luck with IE plug-ins, but it seems to be camera specific:

undecimo

n3wb
Reaction score
Following up on my question - my inability to draw IVS tripwires and intrusion zones in common browsers was entirely my own mistake, I didn't RTFM to learn that a right-click was needed to finalize the drawing (at least in Andy's/Loryta firmware). Drawing is now working well in both Firefox and Chrome. Not sure if the mainline Dahua firmware behaves similarly.