Can't get push notifications to work

Justin Blackburn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one blue iris system That has been working for almost 4 years now. I bought a new house and I'm trying to get a second system going, but I can't for the life of me get the push notifications to work. I have the app installed on a few devices, and it is enabled in the app under each account. In the main settings, I have push notifications checked beside each mobile device. They are also enabled under the send push notifications under each user setting. I have also went under the alerts tab in the camera properties under blue iris and enabled that. I thought maybe the camera was being wonky, so I tried a different camera all together. Nothing has worked.

I looked through all the help notes and enables the blueiris.exe and Blueirisapplepush.exe through the firewall and even went as far as turned the firewall off completely but still no dice. When I click the test button it goes into not responding and about 30 seconds later I get the pop up saying test message sent to 2 devices, but I never get the push notification. Meanwhile I'm still getting push notifications from my other blue iris system and it's working flawlessly.

I'm out of things I know to try so if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

I should mentions it's a new computer running windows 10. i5-7400 CPU

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have one blue iris system That has been working for almost 4 years now. I bought a new house and I'm trying to get a second system going, but I can't for the life of me get the push notifications to work. I have the app installed on a few devices, and it is enabled in the app under each account. In the main settings, I have push notifications checked beside each mobile device. They are also enabled under the send push notifications under each user setting. I have also went under the alerts tab in the camera properties under blue iris and enabled that. I thought maybe the camera was being wonky, so I tried a different camera all together. Nothing has worked.

I looked through all the help notes and enables the blueiris.exe and Blueirisapplepush.exe through the firewall and even went as far as turned the firewall off completely but still no dice. When I click the test button it goes into not responding and about 30 seconds later I get the pop up saying test message sent to 2 devices, but I never get the push notification. Meanwhile I'm still getting push notifications from my other blue iris system and it's working flawlessly.

I'm out of things I know to try so if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

I should mentions it's a new computer running windows 10. i5-7400 CPU
what version of blue iris...exact version

Justin Blackburn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a copy of version 3 I still had my old registration for. Version 3.66.00