Can't get DeepStack installed - activation key problem

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I downloaded the Windows GUI version - it asks for an activation key, but according to everything I have read, they have decided to make it 'free' but it appears you still need the key. Tried to signup on their servers - doesn't work

I though you needed the initial Windows GUI version to tweak some settings - port, etc. What am I doing wrong or can someone point me in the right direction?

I tried the cpu version, specifying a port and then On-Guard but it won't connect

Thanks

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thx, I think I tried that one already, but I will take a look again. I thought it just uses a command line and you don't have the option to set a port or pick the mode

Brendon06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes the easiest way to start this is by command line
eg open cmd
then run command (change path, mode and port to what your needs are
C:\DeepStack\server\DeepStack.exe --VISION-DETECTION True --MODE High --PORT 5000

i personally use AITool which starts deepstack for me but you could run it as a service this may be of interest to you

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks for your help

I think I figured out what the problem was - the firewall. I have two network adapters in this Virtual Machine and I am thinking at this point that the second adapter (doesn't have a gateway set) is listed as a 'public' network, where as my main network adapter is set to a 'private' network. When installing the programs, when I got to the firewall prompts, I only allowed private network access like I usually do. I started troubleshooting why OnGuard wasn't connecting to DeepStack, and I ended up turning the firewall off completely and it worked fine. So I reinstalled both programs, gave permission for both private and public network access and OnGuard is connecting to DeepStack just fine.

I will add then when clicking the test button in OnGuard the program seemed to freeze because it could not connect. If I then closed the DeepStack window, I would get the OnGuard error message and at that point I was able to try additional settings in OnGuard

Brendon06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure on the freezing part but if it's connecting properly but only freezing on a test it could be a bug maybe mention that on the onguard thread