Can't Connect via App

icu2

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sorry... another lost soul here! :)

I've scanned the Android forum but can't find a problem like mine, so hopefully it'll be an easy fix!

I can't seem to log into my computer running BI via the Android app although I can log into it remotely
over WAN or LAN using my internet browser on my phone. I get the error: "Unable to connect...
Reason: Unable to reach server" when clicking the "Connect" button. But I can hear the notification sound
on the computer running BI and I can see my phones LAN IP address when I look at the status on BI when I try to
connect via the app.
I don't think it's a authentication issue because I can change the password to something I know is wrong and
the error changes to "Reason: no matching user/pw"

I'm using the app version 1.0.63 and BI version 3.35.04. Do I maybe need to pay for version 4?

I'm at a loss but I really appreciate any help!
Thanks again,
Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@icu2 Welcome to the forum...you dont need to pay for v4 unless you want the added features...however your problem is most likely related to using a really old version of v3 (September 2013)
You can download the full version of 3.66 from the update page, but you will have to to a complete install..
I used to have an update file that was close to 3.66 (3.63 i think, but i cant seem to find it now)...

Last edited by a moderator:

icu2

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! iirc, I think I went to upgrade but I don't have the registration key any more... I'll see if I
can find it or a way I can recover it.
Thanks again, I'll keep you posted!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! iirc, I think I went to upgrade but I don't have the registration key any more... I'll see if I
can find it or a way I can recover it.
Thanks again, I'll keep you posted!
You can try emailing support and asking for an update file...

icu2

n3wb
Reaction score
@icu2 here is an update file that should bring you very close to the last version of BI3...
bi_update (1).exe :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.
Thanks!
I actually got Ken's email with my key code before your post so I'd started on that route earlier... but might have wished I'd
tried your fix first!
I was impressed with the fast response and thanked him! But BI uninstall of the older version kept failing so I attempted to do
it manually and it proved to be a bit challenging. :)
I did a search for all instances of "blueiris" in the registry and after many deletes I got them all... except this one:

64 bit location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software\Blue Iris

But I finally found it and after deleting it the 3.66 version loaded easily and my app worked like a champ!!

Thanks so much for all your help!
Great forum and I'll keep lurking to pick up helpful tips on BI.