Cannot find reset button Dahua Cam

Luca22

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, a long time lurker but first time poster. A question please. I have a Dahua DH-HDW1431T1-S4 turret and I cannot find the Reset button. There is no reset button on the outside case, and I have opened up the camera and cannot see one on either side of the board. The camera would be a few years old now and I have looked on Dahua website and cannot find the Manual anywhere to enable locating reset button. The seller I got the camera from has gone out of business. I am in Australia.
I am moving the camera from one NVR to a new NVR hence the cam is still locked to my older Dahua NVR.
On my computer it will not let me download the config tool as it says blocked, to reset that way, and as I have the camera in my hand the easiest way would be the reset button.
Could someone point out the Reset button to me, or have a link to that manual please? or diagram? the reset button must be tiny if there is one.
I have looked all over google and Dahua website but cannot find the manual or a diagram.
Thank you all.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Not guaranteed to cover your model, however: DahuaWiki
Some models do not have a physical button, instead there are two contacts you must manually jump to perform the reset.

DO NOT randomly start jumping/connecting points on the circuit board, you will most likely damage the device beyond repair

Luca22

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks All. The reset worked. The two tiny holes I would never have realized they were the reset holes, I wonder why Dahua saved a quarter not installing a reset button on this camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A 4MP on a tiny 1/3" sensor that is designed for 720P is why LOL. It is a budget camera selling to those chasing MP, so they kept the cost down. A nickel here, a quarter there LOL.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks All. The reset worked. The two tiny holes I would never have realized they were the reset holes, I wonder why Dahua saved a quarter not installing a reset button on this camera.
$0.25 x 1,000,000 units = $250,000 savings?

Glad you had success

Luca22

n3wb
Reaction score
A 4MP on a tiny 1/3" sensor that is designed for 720P is why LOL.
your right, all the pennies add up. And China are very tight with money as we deal with Chinese companies. They work things out to the dime even on big deals. Nothing is rounded up.

A side note as quoted above, this camera does put out a very average picture IMO, at 15 Fps. It says 4MP but it does not seem that quality at all compared to other 4MP cameras. And at night it struggles.

Cheers all, thanks again.