can you run 2 NVR's on smart pss ??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a central location where i have my office, i have 2 remote locations that each have a CCTV setup, can i connect these 2 remote locations to the central location using smart pss on one computer dual monitors?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the image below shows me monitoring 25 cams on 5 different Dahua NVR's, 4 of which are remote.

The biggest issue would be streaming/upload capabilities at the remote locations. But SmartPSS uses the substream by default unless you click an individual camera to open the full res stream, so not a big problem.

Note this is just viewing. I dont record to SmartPSS
smartpss25.jpg

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the image below shows me monitoring 25 cams on 5 different Dahua NVR's, 4 of which are remote.

The biggest issue would be streaming/upload capabilities at the remote locations. But SmartPSS uses the substream by default unless you click an individual camera to open the full res stream, so not a big problem.

Note this is just viewing. I dont record to SmartPSS
View attachment 98386
this is exactly what i want, but i cant work it out how, you got home and mom etc.. i cant get that, when i try to add one it seems ot add only a sub group to existing, can you say how you add a new nvr??

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Simply go to Devices, and then 'Add" at top left, and enter the IP address and credentials for the NVR you wish to view in the popup dialog box.

This will populate the live view selection with that NVR

Attachments

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks, perfect, wasnt quite the same, had to dig to find that device list

Rav

n3wb
Reaction score
Simply go to Devices, and then 'Add" at top left, and enter the IP address and credentials for the NVR you wish to view in the popup dialog box.

This will populate the live view selection with that NVR
Thanks for the details, I wanted to ask, when you add a remote site via ip/domain, would the remote nvr be set up as portforward in order to connect.

Thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not necessarily. For instance on the example, one site is local, one is using OpenVPN , the others are port forwarded. This was simply done as a test to verify multiple sites connected to SmartPSS.
*How many you can connect to simultaneous will depend on your bandwidth and various device throughputs as well as the horsepower of your local machine using SmartPSS.

Currently I connect 3 sites. Local, 1 remote via OpenVPN, and my buddy’s house which is port forwarded as a matter of routine day to day. As all sites (except buddy) have OpenVPN installed, it’s simple with 2 clicks to swap between sites using the vpn.

I did a little research on connecting multiple servers via OpenVPN simultaneously and found that it is possible, but well beyond my networking abilities:confused:

Last edited:

Rav

n3wb
Reaction score
Not necessarily. For instance on the example, one site is local, one is using OpenVPN , the others are port forwarded. This was simply done as a test to verify multiple sites connected to SmartPSS.

Currently I connect 3 sites. Local, 1 remote via OpenVPN, and my buddy’s house which is port forwarded as a matter of routine day to day. As all sites (except buddy) have OpenVPN installed, it’s simple with 2 clicks to swap between sites using the vpn.

I did a little research on connecting multiple servers via OpenVPN simultaneously and found that it is possible, but well beyond my networking abilities:confused:

Thank you for your reply.