Can i directly connect Tinycam monitor to an IP Cam i will be buying? OR do i need to connect it to an NVR

mattyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If i have a poE switch and my camera is on the same network can i just connect tiny campro?

mattyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didnt pick one yet. Probably the one everyone recommend in here. However i have not decided on a NVR or "system" or software yet. I like the idea of Camect. Looking for reviews on that. Not too many mentions in this forum on it, as everyone seems to like BLue Iris. But that is a non option for me as I am loath to spend the required set up hours - I am just not that technical (Hence looking into tinycam!)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any system worth anything has set-up hours.

Almost any camera that you get for that will require dialing in the camera settings off of auto/default to get the best performance from the cameras.

As was mentioned to you in your other threads, if you want simplicity, then go with the big box store kits like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Night Owl, Swann, etc. that are plug-n-play (although you do get what you pay for)...

You can get 4 Arlos up and running in 10 minutes.

mattyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any system worth anything has set-up hours.

Almost any camera that you get for that will require dialing in the camera settings off of auto/default to get the best performance from the cameras.

As was mentioned to you in your other threads, if you want simplicity, then go with the big box store kits like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Night Owl, Swann, etc. that are plug-n-play (although you do get what you pay for)...

You can get 4 Arlos up and running in 10 minutes.
No way man, just as you said - you get what you pay for. Sure i COULD do that, but now I know too much to be dangerous (to my wallet lol). Once i learned so much in here no way my hard earned money is going to those systems....plus I have similar already (Eufy) and they suck so bad. Going to pick up a few IPC-T5442T-ZE or IPC-T3241-ZAS, got a poE switch (already on order) and looking into NVRs now and software to run 'em.

So I am certainly willing to put some amount of time in on set up, on the software side, I admit i am looking for more of an easier process.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No way man, just as you said - you get what you pay for. Sure i COULD do that, but now I know too much to be dangerous (to my wallet lol). Once i learned so much in here no way my hard earned money is going to those systems....plus I have similar already (Eufy) and they suck so bad. Going to pick up a few IPC-T5442T-ZE or IPC-T3241-ZAS, got a poE switch (already on order) and looking into NVRs now and software to run 'em.

So I am certainly willing to put some amount of time in on set up, on the software side, I admit i am looking for more of an easier process.
An NVR contains everything you need no extra software required