Can I connect TP-Link WiFi extender to NVR?

Reaction score
I have been trying to setup a wireless camera setup for a while now and one of my cameras is too far from my NVR. The kit I bought came with a WiFi extender so I am wondering if I can use it to extend the signal from my NVR.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been trying to setup a wireless camera setup for a while now and one of my cameras is too far from my NVR. The kit I bought came with a WiFi extender so I am wondering if I can use it to extend the signal from my NVR.
Only if the NVR operates on wireless to begin with. And that extender, if operating like a repeater, will likely introduce further delays, causing even poorer and more unreliable video quality.

If that cam must remain wireless, a higher-powered wireless bridge hooked to the cam's Ethernet port would be a better solution.

Reaction score
The WiFi extender I have has an ethernet port on the bottom and the website said it can be a wireless bridge.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The WiFi extender I have has an ethernet port on the bottom and the website said it can be a wireless bridge.
OK, that would be the preferred method ("wireless bridge"); some extenders can have a "repeater" mode and that's not what you need.