Camera not triggering or retriggering sometimes

sodabrab

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a camera in Blue Iris set up to record on motion. (Driveway view, 2.8mm) It triggers much of the time, but I have noticed a few occasions where it will trigger once but not retrigger, even though the motion is still going on within the hot zone. (So it looks like people are disappearing).

There have also been a couple of cases where the triggering doesn't happen at all (I can tell from another camera that triggers).

Does anyone know what the most likely cause is, or how to debug it? Just increase the sensitivity? Wanted to confirm the best methods before moving random dials.

Motion sensor is default (550 min object size, 40 min contrast, 1 sec make time)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a camera in Blue Iris set up to record on motion. (Driveway view, 2.8mm) It triggers much of the time, but I have noticed a few occasions where it will trigger once but not retrigger, even though the motion is still going on within the hot zone. (So it looks like people are disappearing).

There have also been a couple of cases where the triggering doesn't happen at all (I can tell from another camera that triggers).

Does anyone know what the most likely cause is, or how to debug it? Just increase the sensitivity? Wanted to confirm the best methods before moving random dials.

Motion sensor is default (550 min object size, 40 min contrast, 1 sec make time)
your make time is too high..set it to .7... make sure your break time is at least 30 seconds...there are many motion settings you need to look at...make sure you have sufficient pretrigger recording set..

sodabrab

n3wb
Reaction score
your make time is too high..set it to .7... make sure your break time is at least 30 seconds...there are many motion settings you need to look at...make sure you have sufficient pretrigger recording set..
Thanks, it's working much better with your suggestions.