Camera names revert back to Channelx randomly?

danieln

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Randomly I notice that the camera names I've configured have reverted to "Channel1" (or channel2 / 3 / 4) randomly.
However, They don't all change. It is random.
Reviewing recorded history, The only trigger i've noticed is we had a power outage 1 day ago, and when the whole system came back online, 10 seconds into the recording, the Camera name changed to Channel1 (and subsequently, the 3rd camera renamed to Channel3). However, Camera's 2 and 4 remained as per their names.

ie, the following, changes from Garage N to Channel1
1634032108577.png 1634032127660.png

1634032206187.png
Ie, in this instance Cam 1 and 3 changed.. However, it isn't always the same ones changing.

Has anyone noticed this before? Is the source of this issue the NVR? or the Camera's? Other than the power outage we had, I have not noticed any other trigger.

Hardware:
NVR5216-16P-4kS2 NVR running firmware DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000007.1.R.210827 (although last few v4 firmwares had same issue), and
4x IPC-T5442T-ZE Camera's running firmware V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03 - reluctant to upgrade this as this is current best version.

Anyone know how to fix it?

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same. I was thinking of trying the 210827 firmware to fix that exact problem. Guess I will wait for a sure fix.

danieln

n3wb
Reaction score
Same. I was thinking of trying the 210827 firmware to fix that exact problem. Guess I will wait for a sure fix.
So you're noticing it also with the same NVR5xxx?
What camera's do you have of interest?

danieln

n3wb
Reaction score
So it looks like it sometimes happens after my weekly auto reboot of the NVR.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I have noticed camera names reverting to channel numbers also. I've only recently installed the system and been tweaking settings and rebooting quiet a bit when experimenting and learning. As far as i can make out it only happens after a reboot and I'll assume on switching off or power outage. I have been correcting the camera name accordingly each time.

Hardware

NVR5216-16P-4kS2

Firmware

V4.001.0000006.1, Build Date: 2021-07-09

Cameras

I have 8 off the 5442 varifocals with a mixture of firmware. The settings on the cameras are retained after reboots and powering off / on.

I only have experienced this issue on the NVR

Last edited:

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Happened randomly to my Lorex cameras too... I didn't update BI or anything... Anyone know why?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
@ProTapper i amended my post above after reading yours. I am only experiencing it on the NVR. The 5442 cameras have 3 firmware versions installed and they all seem ok so far

What i have got in the habit of doing when i adjust the camera settings ( always in the camera webUI and not the NVR web interface ) is to click save 3 or 4 times for luck lol

I don't know if this will help but it can only not work

Perhaps @Wildcat_1 or @EMPIRETECANDY could advise best practise or have more knowledge on the workings of the firmware.

danieln

n3wb
Reaction score
@Griswalduk, I've made Andy aware of this issue, which he has reported to Dahua. I thought it was worth creating a post as well to create further understanding to see who else is experiencing it, and possibly help understand the triggers to fix this bug.

In terms of your comment only happens when a reboot / power outage, I think definitely is a good starting point / trigger, as based on my recording history, 4 of the 5 reboot times, the CAM 1 and 3 reverted back to Channel name. One of the reboots, nothing happened.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't got the NVR set to auto reboot. I also haven't annoyed it by fiddling with anything either lol. It's been rock solid for a week or more now and names are unchanged.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ProTapper i amended my post above after reading yours. I am only experiencing it on the NVR. The 5442 cameras have 3 firmware versions installed and they all seem ok so far

What i have got in the habit of doing when i adjust the camera settings ( always in the camera webUI and not the NVR web interface ) is to click save 3 or 4 times for luck lol

I don't know if this will help but it can only not work

Perhaps @Wildcat_1 or @EMPIRETECANDY could advise best practise or have more knowledge on the workings of the firmware.
Thanks for the additional input man... I didn't do anything and my cameras just reset their settings but not the password of the cameras. It could be the crazy lightening storms lately... But not sure why that would reset the settings only, but not the password and the static IP?