Camera Configuration Question

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In BI, we have the option of specifying a resolution for each camera under the Video section, but I have noticed that the resolutions there do not match what my cameras can do. Meaning my 3MP cameras can do 1920x1080@30FPS and higher at 15FPS. What I have been doing is typing in the resolutions manually and then selecting the FPS speed I want it to record at.

My question is, does Bi understand those numbers I am putting in and do they override the setting that the actual camera interface might be set at differently. For example, If I have my camera set to the highest resolution at 15FPS and I then tell Bi to run at 1080P resolution at 30 frames, does the camera accept that speed, or does it continue to record at what the camera is set at in it's web interface? Do I need to set both BI and the camera at the same resolutions / speed? Why are the higher resolutions not displayed by BI? 60Hz: 15fps (2048 x 1536), 30fps (1920 × 1080)

It seems Bi only lists resolutions up to 1280x1024.

I think I have to change them in BI and on the cameras, which is unfortuante, but I just wanted to see if anyone knows why?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just change it on the camera..bi is just accepting a video feed...as soon as you change it on the camera it BI will automatically adjust.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gotcha, does that include the resolution? Even though BI doesn't list the resolution of 1920 x 1080?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha, does that include the resolution? Even though BI doesn't list the resolution of 1920 x 1080?

Thanks!
BI should automatically change the resolution when you change it in the camera.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI should automatically change the resolution when you change it in the camera.
I just tried this with a couple of my cameras. I set them for higher than was being sent and also for lower. Each time BI automatically changed it back to the proper resolution that it was receiving. Thanks for the info. I never realized that BI did this.