Bypassing Apple "Activation Lock"?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I have some iPhones that I acquired from the electronics recycling bin at work. I was hoping to repurpose them but am stuck at the "iPhone Locked to Owner" screen after factory resetting it. I have seen videos on YouTube on how to do this but do not trust any of the software they are asking me to download.

Has anyone been able to bypass this screen? If so, can you help me get through it?

Reaction score
You may as well put them back in the recycling bin. I tried to bypass the Locked to User by using all sorts of software and methods because my Dad forgot his Apple ID password. Ended up having to get the receipt and going to the local Apple Store to get it reset.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. I was hoping to use them for something. I will contact the IT guy and see if he can reach out to who it is and see if they can remove it from their account. There is one I wanted to try to use more than the others because it has wireless charging. I was hoping to get Teams and my email on it so I could use it at home when away from my work PC.

Reaction score
I have some iPhones that I acquired from the electronics recycling bin at work. I was hoping to repurpose them but am stuck at the "iPhone Locked to Owner" screen after factory resetting it. I have seen videos on YouTube on how to do this but do not trust any of the software they are asking me to download.

Has anyone been able to bypass this screen? If so, can you help me get through it?
Unless you have access to some very high-end expensive software and hardware (the kind purchased by law enforcement or governments), or have access to Apple's own internal tools, you're probably out of luck.

Most thieves nowadays will throw away an iPhone. If you are mugged, they will steal it just to prevent you from calling the police. Once they're far enough away, they toss it so they can't be tracked. That says something about the quality of Apple's security.