Bursty, poor frame rate... Need suggestions

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I'm running on 5.5.0.15 or older, it's smooth as it should be. Upgrading to anything newer than that version, I get frame rates between 0 and 9.

It happens when using H264 or JAVA (on UI3). It happens on the BI android app.

This happens regardless of which client device, app, or browser I use.

It happens while on the LAN (wired or wireless) or via WAN.

BI server CPU is anywhere from 30-75%. I have disabled HWA which has made no difference.

I have set all the streaming profiles (global settings/webserver/advanced/defaults) to default, makes no difference.

I'm fairly certain it is not a network issue, since the problem completely resolves with the older version. Likewise, I can view any of my cameras GUI at full resolution and frame rates.

When I export a recorded clip to the client pc, it plays back buttery smooth at full frame rate.

So, in summary, I don't think the BI PC is over-taxed, or that my network is glitching. I believe it has something to do with how the server is encoding/streaming, where something changed between version 5.5.0.15 and anything more current.

I have sent a support request to Ken. He has suggested antivirus/firewall issues, and said to disable all hardware acceleration. I've tried those with no success, and have relayed that back to him. In the meantime I figured I'd ask here.